Baltimore traffic rant ---

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
I nominate the City of Baltimore. A year and a half and today's traffic clusterfark is the best they could come up with?

"Let's direct all the traffic on to Lombard Street than keep MLK moving."

If you would've called me during my traffic adventure in Baltimore, you would've heard a ton of four letter words, and even some new words you ain't ever heard before.

Hey come on we're suppose to be nice this weekend :(

I'm not going to take part in this weeks no matter what kind of move anyone makes

I don't think there's a single thing any driver can do that would surpass what I endured today thanks to the City of Baltimore's AWESOME:sarcasm: planning.

****ing idiots. I'm not gonna piss in DanicaFan's thread much more over this.

Kentucky 400 Lite.

Sometimes I think officials in charge of traffic don't ever drive in traffic!

Leaving Houston today, driving East on Holcomb --- why can't the lights at EVERY intersection be coordinated, letting the heavy traffic on Holcomb flow?

Leaving Houston today, driving East on Holcomb --- why can't the lights at EVERY intersection be coordinated, letting the heavy traffic on Holcomb flow?
I have to agree. Arlington did it right with the UFO at least. 3 lanes each direction plus a center lane. Allows 6 lanes of contraflow when necessary. It was packed when we went for Monster Jam, no contraflow was needed, getting in and out was a breeze with just the 3 lanes and some orange cones.

That would make things to easy.I think cities should take notes from Vegas.I think they have the best system and surprisingly not many on cellphones while they are driving.

That would make things to easy.I think cities should take notes from Vegas.I think they have the best system and surprisingly not many on cellphones while they are driving.

Mike, the race is on the main streets through Baltimore. Then they direct traffic on to sides streets and don't let traffic off these side streets.

The Baltimore Mayor's Office asked us if we had any questions. My response: "How can we get out of traffic hell?"

Park 5 miles away and ride a bicycle in, maybe?? ;)

I would ride the train in from where I'm staying, but Baltimore (with the help of the MTA) even managed to screw that up. Idiots told everyone to ride the train then forgot the train tracks go right THROuGH the race course. Dumbasses.

And the buses are equally worthless because they're sitting in the same dumpy traffic you're sitting in.

Maybe it's just me but I'm missing the NASCAR connection?

There is none. It belongs in the Open Wheel Racing section as it pertains to the Baltimore Grand Prix.

However, to maximize thread views, post it in the busiest section - NASCAR chat.

I would ride the train in from where I'm staying, but Baltimore (with the help of the MTA) even managed to screw that up. Idiots told everyone to ride the train then forgot the train tracks go right THROuGH the race course. Dumbasses.

And the buses are equally worthless because they're sitting in the same dumpy traffic you're sitting in.

Um, Where were you going? The light rail worked FLAWLESSLY for me all weekend. We saw the bus bridges driving north around th traffic and then down russel street several times. We parked in Lutherville and rode in. Six rides on the train, We never waited more than 5 minutes for a train, all six of us had a seat every time and the travel time was barey any longer than normal on the light rail.

Why anyone would try to go East west or South from the Harbor is beyond me. The main North South routes were clear all weekend and once you cleared Mulberry, head out 40 and it was all good.

Back
Top Bottom