Barber Motorsports Park Now Official

D

DanicaFan

It's official now, Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama has signed a 3 year deal with the IRL to host a race there. The inaugural event is next year on the weekend of April 9-11th.

This track looks so cool. However, the big problem I see is that its too narrow of a track and the pit areas are too small. If they fix these problems it will be an awesome place to race. If they dont, Im afraid it will be just a parade with many turns in it.

It's official now, Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama has signed a 3 year deal with the IRL to host a race there. The inaugural event is next year on the weekend of April 9-11th.

This track looks so cool. However, the big problem I see is that its too narrow of a track and the pit areas are too small. If they fix these problems it will be an awesome place to race. If they dont, Im afraid it will be just a parade with many turns in it.

Las Vegas and Loudon sound like they'd be neat additions. But who's infinitely stupid idea was it to drop Richmond and Homestead and add a race in ****in' BRAZIL?!?!?!

Mind you, the Richmond race isn't very good. But now the closest races to me are Watkins Glen (7 hours away), Mid-Ohio (7.5 hours away) and Kentucky (10 hours away).

The race in Richmond gets great crowds. They could at least look in to running a race at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Summit Point or at the Washington DC street course. Instead, the IndyCar Series is just giving our regional motorsports fans a big hearty "**** you":confused:

Las Vegas and Loudon sound like they'd be neat additions. But who's infinitely stupid idea was it to drop Richmond and Homestead and add a race in ****in' BRAZIL?!?!?!

Mind you, the Richmond race isn't very good. But now the closest races to me are Watkins Glen (7 hours away), Mid-Ohio (7.5 hours away) and Kentucky (10 hours away).

The race in Richmond gets great crowds. They could at least look in to running a race at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Summit Point or at the Washington DC street course. Instead, the IndyCar Series is just giving our regional motorsports fans a big hearty "**** you":confused:

Actually from what i heard Brazils going to be putting up alot of money to run almost comparable to Indy.

The reason they are going to Brazil is because of the deal that the IRL made back in November of 2008 with Apex-Brasil to become its energy and trade partners with its ethanol products. Not that I like it but thats the only reason for it.

I dont think the series needs another out of country race. Honda is the only reason they go to Japan.

damn it, they WOULD race the same week as cup at TMS, now wouldn't they?

Really great venue here in Birmingham Area. The owner of the track really loves racing, and has put a lot of effort into creating a dynamic racing venue. The track is beautifully landscaped, some call it the Augusta of Motorsports. They will however have to make changes to the track for the IRL visit, such as widening pit road. Really a gem of racing venues, I strongly irge racing fans to visit Barber. I am not a open wheel fan, but I may visit the IRL race at Barbers. I swore off IRL after watching the boring stuff at the IRL Charlotte. That was about as fun as watching paint dry, but it was free. A road course should however be entertaining I think.

That is awesome. I will get to go to an Indy Car Series Race Now. I've always wanted to go to an INDY Race and since I live in Alabama I will finally get that chance now.

That is awesome. I will get to go to an Indy Car Series Race Now. I've always wanted to go to an INDY Race and since I live in Alabama I will finally get that chance now.

ROLLTIDE or War Eagle?

UAB Blazers LOL.

I don't watch much Football, Just RACING HERE.

I guess I would say ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Back
Top Bottom