Barney Visser Recovering From Open-Heart Surgery

Oh ****! Can't believe that this wasn't mentioned anywhere. Hopefully he recovers ok.

Wow. Get well soon, Barney. He is living out an amazing American bootstrap story... founded a grass mowing business in Colorado, Army veteran who served in Viet Nam, founded a furniture business and made it successful, fell in love with stock car racing, had the audacity to start his own team... and the beat goes on.

In Nascar, you know you are successful when cheap shots from the peanut gallery are flying your way.

Hang in there Barney. My dad and his brother went thru that surgery, It is no joke. Split you down the middle, take the big vein out of your leg for the bypasses and wire you back together. It has good results after you heal up but it takes a long time for a full recovery

Wow. Get well soon, Barney. He is living out an amazing American bootstrap story... founded a grass mowing business in Colorado, Army veteran who served in Viet Nam, founded a furniture business and made it successful, fell in love with stock car racing, had the audacity to start his own team... and the beat goes on.

In Nascar, you know you are successful when cheap shots from the peanut gallery are flying your way.
You forgot to add: "Army veteran who VOLUNTEERED to serve in Vietnam."

Barney is one of the most remarkable men I've ever met. You would have no idea how successful (rich) he was by talking to him. He's so approachable, and so kind. He does so much philanthropy, and donates so much (millions) to charities. It wasn't ever reported, but he missed a few races early in the Chase because he gave up his jet so that it could run supplies back & forth to Puerto Rico after the hurricane. When you do things like that, and demand nothing in return...not even a press release...that's Barney.

Hope he has a fast & successful recovery. Everything I've heard is pointing in that direction.

Whishing him the best and getting back to the track very soon.

Get well soon, Barney. He is a true patriot. Fitting that Veteran's Day is tomorrow. ;)

Back
Top Bottom