Bass Pro Shops Car(s)

Tumbleweed

Team Owner
I can’t remember how long I have been noticing “Bass Pro Shops” on a cup car but never really paid attention to which car it was on. It never really registered with me that it was on two *different* cars until I saw two cars with “Bass Pro Shops” on them running side by side during a race near the end of last year. One was the 14 with Smoke driving and the other was the 78 (Truex).

I’ve been puzzled about that ever since. I can’t remember seeing the same major sponsor on two different cars at the same time before, let alone seeing the same sponsor on two cars from different teams and manufacturers at the same time. In this case, “Bass” was on a FRR Toyota (78) and also on a SHR Chevy (14) during the same race. I wouldn’t have been nearly as surprised if it had been on teams that have connections with each other, for example a JGR car and a FRR car.

As I mentioned previously, I had never paid attention to this before and probably would never have noticed that there were two different cars with the same sponsor if I hadn’t seeing the two running side by side. How exactly does this work and are there any other sponsors that are the major sponsors on two different cars and teams at the same time?

1984, Wrangler sponsored the Chevy of Dale Earnhardt and the Ford of Ricky Rudd.

Skoal cars, wrangler cars, coke cars,....etc. sponsors usually don't give a **** about teams/manufactures they typically do that because of driver relationships.

truex had bass pro on his car back when he ran the 1 car at DEI. They like people who hunt and fish. it was also my understanding they didn't really like sponsoring jmac, well umm because he is better for a pantene sponsorship.

Larry Phillips took JMac under his wing.

That's all you need to know.

1984, Wrangler sponsored the Chevy of Dale Earnhardt and the Ford of Ricky Rudd.

Skoal cars, wrangler cars, coke cars,....etc. sponsors usually don't give a sh!t about teams/manufactures they typically do that because of driver relationships.

Johnny Morris likes NASCAR a lot.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom