Bat-cam Is Back, And So Is The Pitbox( NBC News)

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
From Adam Stern on what NBC has planned for their half of 2018, and the pitbox, is back!

Some more pics of the PB, pretty cool
5l0v7lY.jpg

76aMSno.jpg

For those that may not remember, NBC's pitbox from 2001-2006 I think was the last year it got used.
AzQDxtQ.jpg

I didn't like Fox's zipline camera. I hope NBC has can use theirs more effectively to show us what's going on, not just to show pretty gee-whiz video game-style shots.

First, why does a TV network need a pit box?

Second, hope they run the Batcam the same direction as the cars, as opposed to Fox at the 600.

Third, 4 people in the booth is too many. There's already enough talking over each other as it is.

First, why does a TV network need a pit box?

Second, hope they run the Batcam the same direction as the cars, as opposed to Fox at the 600.

Third, 4 people in the booth is too many. There's already enough talking over each other as it is.
Beats a trailer in the infield. At least the folks on the box can see the track. But yeah, there's no need for more than three in the booth and three on pit road.

Ya know, at first I did not like the leader board on the left, but, now after having experienced it this year, well, I like it a lot.:D
I was growing to accept it until FOX started using the bottom half of it for things other than positions 11-20. After watching other series that still have the ticker across the top, I still prefer the info up top.

It's going to be the most dreadful pre-race show in the history of life. We're going to get a full season recap as if none of us start actually watching until NBC takes over.

Looking forward to Dale, Marty Snider, and Kligerman. That's it.

I hope they switch to a system similar to F1 and NASCAR on Fox where they have the leaderboard on the left. I love seeing everything instead of a ******* ticker
Its great unless you have a non wide screen TV then you dont get anything. Give me a ticket everytime.

not looking forward to three much less four ratchet jaws for the rest of the season. Not one has a hint of a sense of humor. For some reason they think they are the entertainment and not the race.

Impressive. NBC's managed to make their intro even worse. Most impressive.

I blame MNF. They had to trot out that Hank Williams Jr. intro a couple of decades back. Having a celebrity sing a song at the start of a sports broadcast brings absolutely nothing of value to the coverage. Nothing, nana, zippo, diddly-squat, zilch, zero, null and / or void.

I blame MNF. They had to trot out that Hank Williams Jr. intro a couple of decades back. Having a celebrity sing a song at the start of a sports broadcast brings absolutely nothing of value to the coverage. Nothing, nana, zippo, diddly-squat, zilch, zero, null and / or void.

Well, they do use Carrie Underwood for Sunday Night Football. The song is bloody awful but Carrie Underwood is nice to watch. :wub:

I think NBC's approach to covering NASCAR is fairly awful. You can almost sense their lack of respect for the audience. I can't say I actively miss Fox, but I'd choose them if forced to pick for sure.

I wish NBC would cover NASCAR more like they do IndyCar. Apparently they paid way too much to do that, and have to sell it as more of a show.

After 16 races with Fox's pylon, which typically shows up to 20 names at once and never showed less than six, NBC's ticker only showing four names at once is a huge downgrade.

I think NBC's approach to covering NASCAR is fairly awful. You can almost sense their lack of respect for the audience. I can't say I actively miss Fox, but I'd choose them if forced to pick for sure.

I wish NBC would cover NASCAR more like they do IndyCar. Apparently they paid way too much to do that, and have to sell it as more of a show.

When all their promotion of their coverage is who is announcing, you know it's going to be bad.

Alright why are the car numbers all the same color on the ticker? Already annoyed by that

one of them talks about how hot it is in a car, all four of them comment about the heat in the car. wonderful

Being old sucks doesn't it watching modern NASCAR sucks doesn't it. Watch the pinty's series on TSN its great. I'm sure the euro & Mexico series would probably be very fun to watch if it was experienced in English.

I wonder what process is used to determine where the NBC pit box goes.

I wonder what process is used to determine where the NBC pit box goes.
good queation IDK, they had it at the finish line at Chicagoland. I wouldn't think it would be possible to do that everywhere or have room in the infield on the small tracks

I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes this new intro with ZZ Ward

Back
Top Bottom