Battle at the Beach will not return in 2015

Really? That was an awesome event. It had its kinks in the first year, but they fixed the track for last year and it was a pretty good show. No reason why it should've been pulled.

Really? That was an awesome event. It had its kinks in the first year, but they fixed the track for last year and it was a pretty good show. No reason why it should've been pulled.
Starting 2016 they won't have Superstretch grandstands so it would've ended soon anyways.

They should should try to move more events over to New Smyrna to join K&N Pro East.

Starting 2016 they won't have Superstretch grandstands so it would've ended soon anyways.

They should should try to move more events over to New Smyrna to join K&N Pro East.

Definitely not surprised to see it gone, especially since like you said they were already planning on removing the grandstands. The K&N race at New Smyrna was awesome this year. I know New Smyrna already has the tour type modifieds in Feb but it would be cool to see them have an official Whelen Modified Tour race there the same weekend as K&N.

Definitely not surprised to see it gone, especially since like you said they were already planning on removing the grandstands. The K&N race at New Smyrna was awesome this year. I know New Smyrna already has the tour type modifieds in Feb but it would be cool to see them have an official Whelen Modified Tour race there the same weekend as K&N.

I'm assuming this will be what happens. It would be awesome if you could get the TV coverage (and a decent amount of the purse) from the Battle at the Beach to head over to New Smyrna and make that an improved replacement for the event. I enjoyed the BatB, but the racing would certainly be better on a purpose-built short track.

Back
Top Bottom