Been busy as of late...

20210819_160255.jpg

Today's personal project, its a test cup for radio testing.

Idk where my boss got this from, but its pretty cool. With my horrendous soldering skill and meh skill of reading schematics...

It worked the first time, surprisingly.

Also, I'll take a picture of a radio that was left in mud at CMS. Oh and someone dropped a radio in a port-a-potty as well, I'm not touching it.

This is ****** awesome.

Good for you man

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyway to get you commission? Saw your thread and it reminded me to get one rented for darlington in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway to get you commission? Saw your thread and it reminded me to get one rented for darlington in a couple weeks.

No, I'm only an hourly employee at the shop.

If needed, I could get OT with the rental group. Only if necessary though, I hope to be asked the chance later on down the line.

Roger, was going to help ya out if I could. Good luck on your future endeavors!

20231205_151411.jpg

Back with more great news. Got the call up to start traveling with the IMSA Series, I'll be attending all the events. This will include my duties back at the shop. Just finished my first outing at Daytona shakedown and BOP testing.

A lot to learn and get accustomed to, but I want to thank everyone here as well. All off you have been big supporters of me here and I appreciate you all.

View attachment 74810

Back with more great news. Got the call up to start traveling with the IMSA Series, I'll be attending all the events. This will include my duties back at the shop. Just finished my first outing at Daytona shakedown and BOP testing.

A lot to learn and get accustomed to, but I want to thank everyone here as well. All off you have been big supporters of me here and I appreciate you all.
Congrats Kiante! Get ready for the grind brother, but it will be lots of fun! Are you working with team radios or fan base?

Congrats Kiante! Get ready for the grind brother, but it will be lots of fun! Are you working with team radios or fan base?
Not a lot of radio work. A lot more car harnesses, headsets, cables, etc.

It's definitely a grind, first ones to come in and last to leave. 12 to 15 hour days are the norm.

It's level one support trackside dealing with teams primarily. If it can't be done within an hour, it goes back to Concord.

Not a lot of radio work. A lot more car harnesses, headsets, cables, etc.

It's definitely a grind, first ones to come in and last to leave. 12 to 15 hour days are the norm.

It's level one support trackside dealing with teams primarily. If it can't be done within an hour, it goes back to Concord.
Congrats brother. So cool.

Congratulations, Kiante!! I can understand your excitement. It is a real tough grind following the teams as they cross the country but worth it if it is something you enjoy.
Racing takes on an entirely different perspective when in your position than it does for those sitting in the armchair Sunday afternoon.
Best of luck in your new endeavor. Go get'em, Kiante!!

It's definitely a grind, first ones to come in and last to leave.
That reminds me of my National Guard days. At any HQ level above a company, the communications guys were always first on site and last to leave, usually while also required to be first at the next location!
12 to 15 hour days are the norm.
Get ready for the Rolex (24 hours on track), Sebring (12), and Road Atlanta (10)! Rolex has 60 cars entered this year.

Congratulations, Kiante!! I can understand your excitement. It is a real tough grind following the teams as they cross the country but worth it if it is something you enjoy.
Racing takes on an entirely different perspective when in your position than it does for those sitting in the armchair Sunday afternoon.
Best of luck in your new endeavor. Go get'em, Kiante!!
It does! It's certainly something, it's exciting. Never tire of the sound of race cars, so that's not an issue. Just need to continue to improve at my craft. Been neat to see a lot of people you see on TV, now you're shaking hands, getting to know people.

It's different and out of my comfort zone, but that's how you grow more than anything else.

@Charlie Spencer I expect the endurance events to be absolute hell. The test was just Weathertech series, now include all the other support series come the Rolex.😵‍💫

I appreciate it. It's been pretty good time with the company.

Don’t want to be annoying, but there’s a market for FanVision again or some sort of telemetry/video/radio mix like they had. 💯💯💯💯💯 Idk who’s in charge of those decisions but it seems like people are involved with R-E.

Road course racing is hard to watch sometimes in person.

Don’t want to be annoying, but there’s a market for FanVision again or some sort of telemetry/video/radio mix like they had. 💯💯💯💯💯 Idk who’s in charge of those decisions but it seems like people are involved with R-E.

Road course racing is hard to watch sometimes in person.
I'll say this much, Fanvision almost put RE out of business. As lofty as their expectations were, the Legend was a hot mess of a product. The ingenuity was there, but it was honestly a hot mess. Fanvision is no more, I would love to see a product like that again for fans. A lot of money and R&D would have to go into making it a financially feasible product to sell to fans without it costing a fortune.

I'll say this much, Fanvision almost put RE out of business. As lofty as their expectations were, the Legend was a hot mess of a product. The ingenuity was there, but it was honestly a hot mess. Fanvision is no more, I would love to see a product like that again for fans. A lot of money and R&D would have to go into making it a financially feasible product to sell to fans without it costing a fortune.

Legend a mess but for whatever reason I haven’t had good luck with my R-E rentals (and their MRN channels) the past couple times I went to races in 2021 & 2022. I don’t think I was *****ing enough.

R-E should start their own FanVision/SprintVision/ISMVision. I think a lot of fans, especially at road courses would really benefit.

They (meaning NASCAR mostly) have to make the product better at the track and that requires spending money to make money.

Almost everyone has a phone in their pocket these days. It would be cheaper to develop, distribute, and support apps than a single-use piece of hardware (assuming the apps don't already exist).

Almost everyone has a phone in their pocket these days. It would be cheaper to develop, distribute, and support apps than a single-use piece of hardware (assuming the apps don't already exist).

More money could be made from video/data/leaderboard/etc rentals than an app. But better on-boards and stuff from the years gone-by seem to not be there anymore no matter what it is.

I rented one on a deal through RE in Charlotte in 2017 and it was more of a PITA than it was worth

With a lot of tracks now having multiple huge TV screen in view from the Grandstands, all you need is a headset to complete the deal. With the gumbo screens you are always looking toward the track not at a itty bitty screen in your hands.

At Daytona my seats have a huge screen across form us, when they come out of turn 2, I watch the screen to see what really is going on on the back stretch, even though I can see the top of the cars easily, you can not tell what is happening. Then when they go into turn 3, I again watch the live action on the track, it's freaking great.

I love my RE Legend. As a scanner, it's great. Better than having a big, bulky scanner, easier to change feeds, has FM radio built in, and the stopwatch app is great because you can time multiple cars at once.

Back
Top Bottom