Belgian GP Race Thread

Reck

Team Owner
Let’s get the drama going again. Hopefully all clean from here on out.

Why they just don't call it Aston Martin? Red Bull is just a bad name. I like Toro Rosso much better, at least Toro Rosso sounds like Ferrari or Maserati.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Btw Netflix announced a season 4 to Drive to Survive yesterday. And guess which team they are filming this week? Haha

Also rain predicted all 3 days.

Why they just don't call it Aston Martin? Red Bull is just a bad name. I like Toro Rosso much better, at least Toro Rosso sounds like Ferrari or Maserati.

Well Toro Rosso is now called Alpha Tauri (RB's clothing brand) and Aston Martin is no longer involved with Red Bull.

BTW. I was wrong. Bottas is still driving for Mercedes.

Alpha Tauri it's a good name though, so now it would be great to change Red Bull's name to Toro Rosso since it's available.

Although I would prefer if all teams had car manufacturers names:

- Ferrari
- McLaren
- Mercedes
- Aston Martin
- BMW
- Alpha Romeo
- Lotus
- Renault
- Honda
- Maserati
- Peugeot
- Porsche
- Ford
- Citroën
- Pagani
- Volvo
- Audi
- Opel
- Jaguar
- Bentley

There are so many choices.

Red Bull is a worldwide brand name. Who doesn’t see a Bull and immediately think about the energy drink? Why would they switch it to some obscure name tag now?

Max needs to get a handle on his driving style. Might just cost him a championship this year.

Because Aston Martin is seen as something with class in the car industry, it has James Bond written all over.

Red Bull it's just a ****** energy drink just like all energy drinks are, ******.

At least Toro Rosso and Alpha Tauri sounds cool, but when you think of Red Bull, all you think about is dumb drinking of energy drinks. It's tacky.

Well, gustav ... if you're spending 300 million a year running a race team, you can call it whatever the hell you want.

What team is Sebastian Vettel at? How is that different than Red Bull?

Alpha Tauri it's a good name though, so now it would be great to change Red Bull's name to Toro Rosso since it's available.

Although I would prefer if all teams had car manufacturers names:

- Ferrari
- McLaren
- Mercedes
- Aston Martin
- BMW
- Alpha Romeo
- Lotus
- Renault
- Honda
- Maserati
- Peugeot
- Porsche
- Ford
- Citroën
- Pagani
- Volvo
- Audi
- Opel
- Jaguar
- Bentley

There are so many choices.

You forgot Yugo.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
What team is Sebastian Vettel at? How is that different than Red Bull?

I'm not sure whats being asked.

Red Bull owns the Red Bull Racing Team and Alpha Tauri is a lifestyle brand they are advertising.

Aston Martin is only here due to Stroll's involvement with the brand. He's a primary investor into Aston Martin, so much so that Mercedes(Aston) entrusted him to lead the program.

This track is trying to get banned so badly. Way too many nasty crashes resulting in death and serious injuries.

This track is trying to get banned so badly. Way too many nasty crashes resulting in death and serious injuries.
Beyond the evergreen issue of the angle and type of barriers/runoff there Hamilton says there’s a massive bump at the compression point now, possibly from the resurfacing they had to do there recently after the massive flooding. That doesn’t have much to do with today’s incident where it started raining while on slicks but it’s another thing they’re going to have to find a solution on, because someone winds up in the hospital pretty much every race meeting here again. As far as I can tell the 24 Hour Endurance motos race is still on for next year so hopefully the renovations are too.

Well, I'm glad Aston Martin has a team. I will always prefer car manufacturer named teams than just random names.

Well, I'm glad Aston Martin has a team. I will always prefer car manufacturer named teams than just random names.

Audi and Porsche usually show up at F1 engine builder meetings but never seem that serious about actually joining. I think they just like the espresso Ferrari bring.

I don’t think Alfa Romeo is much more than just a title sponsorship, plus selection of one driver seat. Red Bull Advanced Technologies at least worked with Aston Martin on the Valkyrie road car. Beyond that, I’m sure people would like to see more manufacturers join, especially as engine suppliers, but the fact of the matter is that still takes a massive investment to pull off.

Yeah, now that Williams is gone it is the time for manufacturers to enter all in. Williams was such a legendary team, and out of respect of that team I was cool with teams having random names.

There are no excuses now. The sport would be a lot cooler if the teams were all manufacturers, still sponsoring every brand they want, but calling the teams after actual manufacturers.

I was cooling off after running and saw this.

Just glad he's okay, that was honestly scary how he bounced off the inside wall up Eau Rouge.
Fortunate that it happened at the beginning of the session and not with more cars out. That barrier just launches you straight across the track.

Vettel is not a happy man right now, he and Lando questioned the conditions.

They should have sent Maylander on another recon lap prior to the session.

Rain is the great equalizer. Love it.

Hamilton in third is not a bad place to start either. Should get a huge launch in the kammel straight.

also has to be said that Bottas is worthless in the rain, the Russell announcement should have been made already.

Holy cow, Russel uncorked a blinder. I also believe Latifi had his career best quali with a 12th. This coming after their last performance at Hungary, Williams certainly looks to be in ascension. Since they don't need pay drivers anymore, they would be crazy not to go after Botas. They have all worked well together before and Botas can help them make that next step. This is going to be a very serious team again.

Tough break for Lando, but the good news is that tomorrow is 80% chance of rain, so at least he's got the set up nailed. The big question is can the team get the car back together as good as it was before. Probably yes, but still worth considering.

Almost by Stealth, Ricciardo snuck into a season high fourth, so hopefully his rough initiation to the team is over.

Gasly is consistently 5th-7th almost every race. Alpha Tauri has also been really good this year.

Caught a replay of it. Sucks for Lando. He was headed for his first ever pole. I believe it.

Back
Top Bottom