Belgian Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Summer break is over and it's time for F1 to visit one of the greatest circuits in the world.

Spa-Francorchamps_overview.jpg

Alexander Rossi will replace Max Chilton at Marussia, becoming the first American to compete in F1 since Scott Speed in 2007.

Three-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Andre Lotterer will replace Kamui Kobayashi at Caterham.

I missed the series over the last month and I LOVE Spa. This weekend is gonna be epic.

No Tilke **** here.

Rosberg on pole. :punkrocke

I found it awfully funny that Lotterer hadn't been in an F1 car for twelve years until yesterday and he pretty much destroyed Ericsson in qualifying. I don't think Caterham's problem was Kobayashi...

As ugly as these cars are compared to other years, it's good to see them again.

Nico taking unnecessary risk. their was no way he was making that pass.

Go Riccardo.

Niki Lauda : "It was Nico's fault.. only lap 2." Concerning the incident with Lewis and Nico. Can't agree more.

Mercedes' Toto Wolff: "It was an unacceptable risk. For our drivers to crash into each other...unbelievable."

Niki Lauda : "It was Nico's fault.. only lap 2." Concerning the incident with Lewis and Nico. Can't agree more.
He had the tow and got alongside him, you can't expect him to not go for a gap that existed before he had his nose chopped.

And the fix against lewis Hamilton continues. Rosberg may go down as the worst champ in history. Something happens to lewis every single week

He had the tow and got alongside him, you can't expect him to not go for a gap that existed before he had his nose chopped.

He was not nearly far enough in. Lewis had to take his line there or back off when he still had the advantage. Even so, its too early to be doing any of that. If Nico was faster which it looked like he was, he would have had another opportunity. Instead it cost Lewis any chance of points and Nico the win.

whatever the case, they both had plenty of time to race, plenty of laps to make the best of it. The cars weren't hurt. The better drivers make lemonade out of lemons.

Mercedes' Toto Wolff: "It was an unacceptable risk. For our drivers to crash into each other...unbelievable."
That's what all these F1 and IndyCar teams say since the Ferrari team orders controversy: "There are no team orders, just don't wreck each other."

He was not nearly far enough in. Lewis had to take his line there or back off when he still had the advantage. Even so, its too early to be doing any of that. If Nico was faster which it looked like he was, he would have had another opportunity. Instead it cost Lewis any chance of points and Nico the win.
Lewis could've held steady to the outside and still had the preferred line for the next two corners or he could've just waited slightly longer to cut across since Nico was just backing out of it. If Nico had backed out and cut across the runoff area he would've lost position and momentum just as Vettel did the lap before and Hamilton would've been out of reach after that. It was just a racing incident.

Lewis has always drove like he owned the tracks and he dominated Massa that way.

I am glad Roseburg doesnt play his BS game or is intimidated and yeah I was happy to see Hamilton get a DNF

Kimi is my favorite. I am not sure if he makes it thru his contract, I am sure Ferrari is righteously unhappy.

But a good race today, not many left.

Can't believe Rosberg admitted to intentionally hitting Hamilton. Not a huge fan of either but that is BS.

Can't believe Rosberg admitted to intentionally hitting Hamilton. Not a huge fan of either but that is BS.
That's what Hamilton said Nico told him. Toto Wolff said Nico held his line to show that he wasn't going to give in and that he thought it would make Lewis leave him space.

That's what Hamilton said Nico told him. Toto Wolff said Nico held his line to show that he wasn't going to give in and that he thought it would make Lewis leave him space.

Either way, to race like that way early in the race is stupid. It's crazy how little contact these cars can take.

I'm curious to how this unfolds.

Lewis has always drove like he owned the tracks and he dominated Massa that way.

I am glad Roseburg doesnt play his BS game or is intimidated and yeah I was happy to see Hamilton get a DNF
+1 Lewis ran Nico well off line at Bahrain and nearly ran him into grass on the last lap at Hungary; he needed to show he wasn't going to be a pushover in head-to-head battles anymore.
Kimi is my favorite. I am not sure if he makes it thru his contract, I am sure Ferrari is righteously unhappy.

But a good race today, not many left.
He surprised today for sure. I read a few days ago that he and Alonso are staying next year but I guess that could always change.

Either way, to race like that way early in the race is stupid. It's crazy how little contact these cars can take.

I'm curious to how this unfolds.
I'm guess team orders unfortunately. "Don't pass in the first X laps" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom