Ben Rhodes

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
I don't know if anyone follows the NASCAR K&N East Series but Ben Rhodes has won four consecutive races. Seen this boy race in Late Models at several tracks and he's damn good. He wasn't the best, IMO, but he's damn good. I've seen all the talk on FS1 and ESPN about how all the good drivers come from California now and this kid has been completely and totally ignored. I think his success is a statement about how strong the competition is in LMSC racing in SC, NC and VA.

He's looking real good in K&N. He's got the 4 wins in a row, plus a 5th earlier in the year. At this rate he is pretty much a lock the the East series championship this year.

He's looking real good in K&N. He's got the 4 wins in a row, plus a 5th earlier in the year. At this rate he is pretty much a lock the the East series championship this year.

I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a good driver. He wasn't top dog in LMSC racing but he's good. But, he also has the absolute very best equipment in the series.... that said, the car doesn't drive itself to victory lane and he's winning at some tough tracks. Even Chase Elliott, a future multi-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, couldn't win at some of these tracks and that was with the best equipment anyone's ever raced with in that series.

Dylan Kwasniewski (who many people have compared talent-wise to Kyle Larson in past) had the exact same equipment that Rhodes currently has, and Rhodes has out-performed Kwasniewski by a HUGE margin. And on top of that, HE'S ONLY 17!

I could easily see Rhodes ending up with a big-name team like Hendrick if/when he moves up to Cup. The kid has some serious talent.

Back
Top Bottom