Best Album of all time?

By far:

Pink Floyd, The Wall. (listening to that now :D)

Then:

The Eagles - Hotel California
The Who - Tommy
Led Zeppelin - IV
Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell
Supertramp - Breakfast in America

If you like alternative music---a group that's been around for a while, but still make beautiful music

Tangerine Dream --- *playing as I type*

I'm also a Toto fan.

:D

Stevie.jpg

Metallica-Metallica (black album)
Pearl Jam-10
plus love listing to my SRV best of albums vol. 1 and 2

judas priest Sad Wings of Destiny

rules, wore out 3 tapes before cd

Dark Side of the Moon ranks up there, also terribly fond of Queen II, Side Black. :)

Now we cant forget Led Zeppelin II

My, excuse me, Our wedding song was THANK YOU

try dancing to that sometime in front of a couple hundred people:p :p

Speaking as the original KISS fanatic, I gotta give this as my top 5 all time:

1. KISS - Rock And Roll Over
2. Dio - Holy Diver
3. AC/DC - For Those About To Rock
4. W.A.S.P. - Debut album
5. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

So many to choose from though, tough to stick at just 5.

Hey Ward Fan, When I was in jr. high school, I did a multilayer print in graphc art class. It went on to take 1st place in the lehigh, carbon and bucks counties in PA. My grandmother even had a copy of it hanging in their game room. Thought you might like that.:D

Nirvana-Nevermind
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Blood, Suger, Sex, Magik

I dunno which Zepplin album would be the best cause I've just got the box set. But I'd have to go with Zepplin as an all time great.

As for more recent CD's put out I'd have to go with Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. It's one of those CD's you can listen to from beginning to end. And there aren't many of those out there.

The Queen is Dead, the Smiths
Abbey Road, the Beatles
Sticky Fingers, the Rolling Stones
The Head on the Door, the Cure
The Violent Femmes[/] (self-titled first album)
Catch a Fire, Bob Marley & the Wailers
The Reprise Collection, Frank Sinatra
The Essential Johnny Cash
The Essential Etta James

I could go on, but I won't. (You're welcome!)

:)

I've got to admit, Im a rap fan myself.....Eminem:the eminem show
is my new fav. album

My favorite bands are AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, and System of a Down.

Best Albums:
AC/DC: Back in Black, Let Ther Be Rock
G n' R: Appetite for Destruction
Stone Temple Pilots: Core

Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

America...Greatest hits

DeMeola, DeLucia & McLaughlin...Friday night in San Francisco

John Denver...Back Home Again

Phil Keaggy...Accoustic Impressions

In case you haven't noticed the trend, anything with some really great guitar work. Preferably not distorted beyond recognition.

Now this is a TOUGH ONE!!!!

Anything by Stevie Ray, Robert Cray, Eric Clapton, Aeorsmith, Led Zepplin (STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN), Beatles, Pink Flloyd, Skynyrd, Allmans, John Denver (ye, I know), and have any of you heard of Eric Quincy Tate?? AWSOME GA band, retired now. :D satisfied :D satisfied :D

Kat...Thanks for not leaving me on an island on the John Denver thing. That takes guts.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
Kat...Thanks for not leaving me on an island on the John Denver thing. That takes guts.

Hell,how could one NOTlove john denver???

"Country roads, take me home, to the home where I belong, WEST VIRGINIA, mountain mamma, Take me Home"

Sunshine on my shoulders, Poems, Prayers and Promises, Annie's Song, Rocky Mountain High, and on and onsatisfied

"This old guitar" is definitely my favorite John Denver song.

Hey, I just found out that Barry Manilow is gay. Is that really true? I just ordered a collection of his. Looking forward to it!

I should also add this here album to my list:

Houses of the Holy, Led Zeppelin

(Great, now the italics don't work at all.)

BTW, Paul: SOAD and I work for the same company ...

Originally posted by abooja
Hey, I just found out that Barry Manilow is gay. Is that really true? I just ordered a collection of his. Looking forward to it!

I should also add this here album to my list:

Houses of the Holy, Led Zeppelin (Kat says ZOSO)

And who cares if Barry is or is not??

I see I am the only country outlaw here. Hank Jr., David Allen Coe, and Merle Haggard. :D I keep REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Journey, and Survior close by. I like just about anything from Def Lepard to blue grass.;)

Hey Tab, ALL country is GREAT.......... in fact just try and name music you hate!!! I can even tolerate opera (just not often)

Kat I hate rap, jazz, opera,soul, and polka.;) The strangest music I like but so many hate is Bag Pipe. I have some cd's of Scottish Millitary bands. The BLack Watch and The Scott Guards are xlent.

Love the bagpipes! Every time I hear Scotland the Brave, I get goosebumps. :D

Originally posted by Tabasco
Kat I hate rap, jazz, opera,soul, and polka.;)  The strangest music  I like but so many hate is Bag Pipe.  I have some cd's of Scottish Millitary bands.  The BLack Watch and The Scott Guards are xlent.

OHH, I forgot about rap, but that's not music!!! LOVE Bagpipes, Amazing Grace by the Firefighters at a mourning breaks my heart. any Celtic music.....MOODY BLUES???? Nights in White Satin, U2, etc.???

Good celtic stuff :)

The Chieftans
Clannad
Enya
Loreena McKennitt
The Pogues
Ashley MacIsaac

Back
Top Bottom