Best car or a reminder??

H

HardScrabble

Ward Burton, who won last year's Southern 500, will drive the same car this weekend that crashed last weekend at Bristol

I gotta think that if that car was repairable they were gonna do it. I bet that's the same car they run at Richmond too.

I think they will have a willy good car,if ol Ward can keep from smooching the wicked wall.;)

How are Bristol and Darlington setups for the car the same?

Ya, but didn't the shop make the Bristol car a short track car?

You got to have them Harlem Curb feelers at both tracks 66.:p

I might be wrong, but I think most teams have cars for the 1.5 and up tracks and cars for the 1.5 and under tracks, as well as plate tracks and road courses. I know a lot of teams use the same cars at Bristol and Rockingham. Darlington is kind of a gray area b/c it is 1.3 miles. IMO the 22 team just loves that car b/c of the way it runs at Darlington. It was strong at Bristol as well.

Thanks. I've wondered why teams use certain cars for certain tracks.

Again, I'm not sure about that. There's people that post here that would know better than I would.

As long as it doesn't end up in the same place as it did in Bristol, I'm all for it. He had a decent car at Bristol. Not a winning car, but a top 10 for certain. Key word there being HAD. (But I'm not bitter....)

Take a good car to build from, Ward's record at Darlington, the fire that got lit under his ass last weekend, and I might be turning some more cartwheels this weekend.

It's my version of sarcasm, 66. I'm still as bitter as unsweetened KoolAid.

And you have every right to be. It would have been a very nice run.

Back
Top Bottom