Better Online Ticket Sales (BOTS) Act

4tires17gals

Team Owner
This is being marked up by Congress to lower ticket prices for against online cheating

I'm not even sure what this has to do with NASCAR. :confused:

What is 'online cheating'? Maybe it's still too early in the morning for me to understand?
Only thing I can think of is that it's geared towards those that buy at face value and then resell on websites like Stubhub, etc. for an insane profit?

Only thing I can think of is that it's geared towards those that buy at face value and then resell on websites like Stubhub, etc. for an insane profit?
Insane..... A great description for any NASCAR fan that chooses that method of purchasing a ticket for a NASCAR event. A couple others that I can think of are..... foolish & uniformed. I couldn't even tell you how many races my wife & I have attended. Not once did we buy a NASCAR ticket from anywhere other than the track. Every single track that we've been to has had a ticket office to purchase a ticket from. There's not enough of a demand for a ticket that should lead a fan in the direction of a 3rd party ticket seller. If anyone is going to purchase a ticket to a NASCAR event the first place they should start is the ticket office for the track. Any more, the closer you wait to the event, the better price you'll get. The tracks offer all kinds of perks if you're willing to wait.

Insane..... A great description for any NASCAR fan that chooses that method of purchasing a ticket for a NASCAR event. A couple others that I can think of are..... foolish & uniformed. I couldn't even tell you how many races my wife & I have attended. Not once did we buy a NASCAR ticket from anywhere other than the track. Every single track that we've been to has had a ticket office to purchase a ticket from. There's not enough of a demand for a ticket that should lead a fan in the direction of a 3rd party ticket seller. If anyone is going to purchase a ticket to a NASCAR event the first place they should start is the ticket office for the track. Any more, the closer you wait to the event, the better price you'll get. The tracks offer all kinds of perks if you're willing to wait.
Agreed. The only time I've ever purchased race tickets on stubhub is if I've waited too long and the desired section I wanted to sit in was sold out thru the track (mainly Daytona). And even then I didn't pay all that much more than face value.

I did buy my Homestead tickets on stubhub last year as the whole place sold out before I was ready to purchase.

I doubt this thread will last, but heres an article explaining the law:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/theater/congress-considers-plan-to-curb-ticket-bots.html

It seems to be aimed at curbing bloc purchasing of tickets by bots. I think this is more an issue for events with high demand rather than nascar races. I bought my tickets to both Michigan and Chicago on the secondary market for significantly less than the prices offered by the tracks this year.

I doubt this thread will last, but heres an article explaining the law:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/theater/congress-considers-plan-to-curb-ticket-bots.html

It seems to be aimed at curbing bloc purchasing of tickets by bots. I think this is more an issue for events with high demand rather than nascar races. I bought my tickets to both Michigan and Chicago on the secondary market for significantly less than the prices offered by the tracks this year.
That makes sense, thone bots have been an issue for a long time.

It seems like the 500 and Homestead are really currently the only 2 races where you'll see people reselling for more than face value these days.

Cant tell you how many sporting events and concerts Ive been to where fans realize they cannot make it and need to get rid of their ticket quickly - so they throw it up on sites like StubHub or SeatGeek for a fraction of the cost.

Stubhub is almost always the same price or cheaper than the tracks. I've used them and the tracks. If everything is equal price, you're just shopping for section so you go wherever has what you want.

oh cool didn't know that. This forum is educational. Does NASCAR have to approve repaving?

I bought my tickets to Darlington this year from stub hub for a lot less than face value

Never bought NASCAR tickets from Stub Hub, but I did get NFL tickets for WAY less than face value. After that, I'll always use Stub Hub for NFL and NHL rather than buying them directly from the stadium.

Never bought NASCAR tickets from Stub Hub, but I did get NFL tickets for WAY less than face value. After that, I'll always use Stub Hub for NFL and NHL rather than buying them directly from the stadium.
People have been practically giving away Tennessee Titans tickets on Stub Hub the last couple years, especially late in the season when they're like 2-10. A couple years ago I got some tickets off of SH to see them play the Jets, we were only 11 rows up on the 20 yard line and the tickets were only $18 apiece. The nosebleeds the last couple years could be had for as little as $5.

Back
Top Bottom