Biffle Has a Great Memory

R

rpmallen

Found this article on Nascar.com at http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/...reck/index.html

"BRISTOL, Tenn. -- The only major incident during Friday morning's Busch Series practice sent Jay Sauter's No. 75 Chevrolet team scampering to prepare the backup car in time for qualifying.

The No. 75 suffered heavy damage to the left rear quarter panel and trunk area after hitting the wall. The trunk lid was bent in the shape of an A, and someone had scrawled "Thank you Greg Biffle" on it.

Before his incident, Sauter's best lap was 121.805 mph, 32nd out of the 46 cars who practiced. Biffle was fastest at 125.972 mph. "

If anyone remembers when Jay Sauter and Greg Biffle were both racing in BGN years ago, the two had a little fight that involved Biffle getting out of his car and punching Sauter in the helmet while he was in his wrecked race car. It would appear that Biffle has not forgotton this, and might still be holding a grudge. I hope this isn't the case, though. Biffle is a Cup driver now and Jay Sauter is racing with a part-time team with a car practicing 32nd. That's just not right. Sauter isn't typically the driver to race dirty like that, but it would serve Biffle right if he gets punted on race day.

Sauter is a dirty driver. It goes back to the Craftsman Truck series when Sauter was in the #3 RCR truck and he admitted he took out Biffle to help Sprague win the championship. The incident you refer to, Biffle nudged Sauter out of the way at that particular Busch race. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter. What happened next, was just plain wrong. Jay instructed his crew to fix the car for the sole purpose to take out Biffle. What if someone would have gotten killed? A punch in the face with a helmet on should have been the least of Jay's worries, but Nascar just fined him & put him on probation. Something that heinous should have called for a license revocation IMO.

The Sauter's, who knew? :rolleyes:

I can't honestly believe Biffle took him out on purpose. Greg has quite a bit at stake & Sauter is washed up. For some reason, the Sauter boys get a 'hard on' for a certain driver and they never forget. The punk in the #30 AOL car has one for Matt whenever they get together in the Busch series.

My opinion on Sauter's driving appears to differ, but either way it should be interesting to see what happens in the bgn race tomorrow. Why Biffle would continue to instigate Sauter is beyond me. I thought those were adults racing out there.

I have liked Johnny since he gave the 17 the boot in the bush race, and said he put him up there, and not bs it like most drivers would.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Mar 26 2004, 12:48 PM
I have liked Johnny since he gave the 17 the boot in the bush race, and said he put him up there, and not bs it like most drivers would.
Maybe that is the same reason I've always been a little partial to Jeremy Mayfield? He bullied the bully.

Sauter isn't typically the driver to race dirty like that, but it would serve Biffle right if he gets punted on race day

Must be some wild weed you're on if you believe that to be true. LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom