Biffle?

Last I read yeah, he quit because there weren't any offers worth his time.

He wants a top ride.

He announced during the off-season that he was leaving the #16, although he had nothing lined up and a year left on his contract. Most people interpreted that as a sign the long-time Roush driver was tired of trying to carry the declining organization, esp. after Kenseth and Edwards left.

Another driver to officially retire but very unlikely he will see cup again barring an injury to someone.

He left Roush due to their declining performance and sponsorship problems.

I really would have liked to see him at JTG this year, I think he would be doing great right now.

Sucks to know that the charter from the 37 will go back to Roush next year.

He's still a more than capable driver IMHO, just finding sponsorship is so difficult now in days.

I'm still shocked he hasn't landed (or accepted) a Truck ride. I think he would be a top-5 driver most races even in sub-par equipment.

In the mid-2000s, the Truck Series had found its niche as a place for washed up ex-Cuppers to go. I kind of miss that.

Sprauge, Sauter, Bob Keselowski, Terry Cook, Ron Hornaday, Dennis Sezter, David Starr, Johnny Sauter...

Some very underrated drivers. Makes you appreciate Crafton and Peters IMHO. Always good measuring sticks and we bitch about the system.lol

Sprauge, Sauter, Bob Keselowski, Terry Cook, Ron Hornaday, Dennis Sezter, David Starr, Johnny Sauter...

Some very underrated drivers. Makes you appreciate Crafton and Peters IMHO. Always good measuring sticks and we bitch about the system.lol

I don't know if the Truck Series works as a developmental series. It worked best as a series for guys who washed out in Cup/Busch with a couple of developmental guys (like Carl Edwards) sprinkled in.

He wants a top ride. That's what Ward Burton said. Not that I blame him, but... out of sight, out of mind. He will not be getting that call. And I think he is ok with that.

He wants a top ride. That's what Ward Burton said. Not that I blame him, but... out of sight, out of mind. He will not be getting that call. And I think he is ok with that.

Was this before or after Ward went to the #4 Morgan McClure car?

I still think that Ward was a HUGE missed opportunity. The guy got so much out of that 22 car, he would've easily been a championship contender with Hendrick or Roush.

Was this before or after Ward went to the #4 Morgan McClure car?

I still think that Ward was a HUGE missed opportunity. The guy got so much out of that 22 car, he would've easily been a championship contender with Hendrick or Roush.

Sure would have.

He did so well for Bill Davis, a lot of times He was punching well over his weight. Only if John Deere would have dropped Chad Little...

Sure would have.

He did so well for Bill Davis, a lot of times He was punching well over his weight. Only if John Deere would have dropped Chad Little...

I almost wish that Ward had gotten that #25 instead of Jerry Nadeau. He would've notched multiple wins and completely changed the trajectory of his career.

To be fair, Hendrick also put lesser drivers in that car. Did anyone expect Wally Dallenbach and Jerry Nadeau to tear things up?

They were experiments IMHO, Wally was great in Trans-Am and Nedeau was a sports car/open-wheel driver at first. Mears they just found out he was not that good and well he has the last name of one of the greatest IndyCar drivers, if not one of the greatest open-wheel drivers, ever.

I still wonder why Casey Mears never tried to get back into open-wheel racing... I think he would have been pretty good.

Idk man, the 25 car has had a very questionable history.
I agree....... that was Papa Joe's car...... Tim Richmond was great with that number....... I think Nascar screwed Tim Richmond terribly..... after that..... the 25 was cursed...... no one who drove that number after had much success....

Greg Biffle is/was a criminally underrated driver. If he had left Roush back in around 2010 and went to Gibbs, he'd be a champion today. And the only driver with championships in Trucks, XFINITY and Cup.

Greg Biffle is/was a criminally underrated driver. If he had left Roush back in around 2010 and went to Gibbs, he'd be a champion today. And the only driver with championships in Trucks, XFINITY and Cup.

Totally agreed.

Joe Ruttman, the late Bobby Hamilton and Jimmy Spencer had some great battles as well.

Back
Top Bottom