Ya gotta wanna
Via Germain Racing member:

IMG_8561.jpg

Cup caution clock?
Heat races?
Big changes or even dumping the chase?
BRIAN FRANCE STEPPING DOWN?

:eek:

Could this guy just be trolling us/Facebook?

He's a working member of the #13 crew, it's pretty hard for me to see a motivation there.

Where did you see this @ChexOrWrex? Did the post get deleted, or is it only visible to his friends, or??

I'm on pins and needles awaiting the surprise.

Via Germain Racing member:

View attachment 23561
Who knows..... Maybe Bryan Kincheloe just got around to reading @Acs 's post?

https://racing-forums.com/threads/doubleheader-races.56412/#post-1061849

In any event, it's no secret that big changes are coming. It's been talked about since the Monster announcement. Just how crazy will it be? We'll probably find out next week during the Media Tour.

Personally, I don't think that they can screw this sport up more than they did with the implementation of the Chase. Caution Clocks and timed races are going to be just a continuation down the same unrewarding/misguided path. They initially made changes to try and help the sport grow. Something that it was already doing. At this point, changes are being made in an effort to resurrect the sport that was once loved by an overwhelming number of fans. No doubt that some kind of change is necessary to get this sport back on path. Are they going to make the right changes? If the past 13 years or so is any indication, I find it doubtful. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Who knows..... Maybe Bryan Kincheloe just got around to reading @Acs 's post?

https://racing-forums.com/threads/doubleheader-races.56412/#post-1061849

In any event, it's no secret that big changes are coming. It's been talked about since the Monster announcement. Just how crazy will it be? We'll probably find out next week during the Media Tour.

Personally, I don't think that they can screw this sport up more than they did with the implementation of the Chase. Caution Clocks and timed races are going to be just a continuation down the same unrewarding/misguided path. They initially made changes to try and help the sport grow. Something that it was already doing. At this point, changes are being made in an effort to resurrect the sport that was once loved by an overwhelming number of fans. No doubt that some kind of change is necessary to get this sport back on path. Are they going to make the right changes? If the past 13 years or so is any indication, I find it doubtful. I sure hope I'm wrong.
I know people that are saying "nothing gas been announced and youre already giving nascar crap"

Because anyone whos watched since 2003 has 0 confidence in positive changes.

The man hired Joie Chitwood III to run Daytona International Speedway . Which , I assume , puts the huckster at the center of Nascar planning . I don't think that anything is 'off the table' .

This guy is like screw it. I'm telling.

I cant imagine NASCAR liking the way he tweeted that.

The man hired Joie Chitwood III to run Daytona International Speedway . Which , I assume , puts the huckster at the center of Nascar planning . I don't think that anything is 'off the table' .
Right before the final lap of the Daytona 500, there will be a debris caution so a cannon can be brought on to the track that the drivers will have to drive through and be shot across the finish line.

In the last two years NASCAR has made a conscious effort and spent a lot of resources on improving the on-track product not only for us fans, but for the drivers as well. The drivers made their voices heard and finally something was being done. So why now is NASCAR tainting the progress that they've made with gimmicks? And where are these same drivers voicing their displeasure like they did with the actual racing? Something can be done about this, but it seems to me we've got a bunch of yes-men driving these race cars.

In the last two years NASCAR has made a conscious effort and spent a lot of resources on improving the on-track product not only for us fans, but for the drivers as well. The drivers made their voices heard and finally something was being done. So why now is NASCAR tainting the progress that they've made with gimmicks? And where are these same drivers voicing their displeasure like they did with the actual racing? Something can be done about this, but it seems to me we've got a bunch of yes-men driving these race cars.

Nascar has been tainted and illegitimately referred to as a sport for years due to dubious changes and I suspect the next round of brain farts introduced will break the official barrier to WWE land. In many respects Nascar is already an unintentional comedy and I suspect that theme to continue as a lot of fun will be able to be had at Nascar's expense.

As far as the drivers go they can only bite the hand that feeds them for so long before they have to fall into line and embrace the circus.

This guy is like screw it. I'm telling.

I cant imagine NASCAR liking the way he tweeted that.
I don't think he said anything that we didn't already know. That is, unless there's more to the tweet than what's been posted.

I don't think he said anything that we didn't already know. That is, unless there's more to the tweet than what's been posted.

I'm reffering to the circus part. It's honest.

But for a sport to be thought as a circus couldn't possibly be seeing as a positive for the CEOs and the big guns.

Maybe the new change is 50% nitro in their fuel. That would be the engine builders nightmare...at least they would be fast to the first corner.:D

Will heat races work on longer tracks? I've really only ever seen them on short tracks and it works so well because a caution can lead to a crazy final lap shootout.

I'm thinking that a heat format might be best in restrictor plate events so you don't have guys sitting in the back for 450 miles and then making a move

Will heat races work on longer tracks? I've really only ever seen them on short tracks and it works so well because a caution can lead to a crazy final lap shootout.

I'm thinking that a heat format might be best in restrictor plate events so you don't have guys sitting in the back for 450 miles and then making a move

Heat races won't work in NASCAR at all because there's no consequence. Because of the charters, a big name won't miss a race and pit stalls are already selected before the race. Drivers aren't gonna risk tearing up their cars in a heat race to gain maybe one or two positions.

They've already tried this in the Xfinity Series and it was a miserable failure.

NBC bought into it & now all they can think is "Negative Business Cashflow"

NBC wants twin races and weeknight races. Fox has lobbied for halftime breaks in the past.

The red hot rumor back in October, one that won't go away, was that NASCAR will have weeknight races in the near future. The more specific rumor I heard was that there would be three races (possibly more) on weeknights in 2018. Those rumors were gaining steam around right about the same time that Martinsville announced they were installing lights.

When I talked to Martinsville Speedway president Clay Campbell back in October, he didn't rule out night races for Cup at all.

“I think, as we go forward, 2017 schedule is already set so it won’t happen until 2018,” Campbell remarked. “We’re doing it right now so we won’t have an issue with weather or any delays where we could finish these things. 500 laps, give these fans what they paid for. I’m not saying somewhere down the road, we won’t do one at night but the possibility is there now. You can’t run a night race without lights.”

Back
Top Bottom