Big driver shake up for 2003

B

BebiF1

Many sources have claimed that Irishman Eddie Irvine will depart from his Jaguar outfit after his dissappointing 2002 season this year. Well that leaves open where will he go? He will most likely go back to the Jordan Honda team where he started his F1 debute in 1993 and where he will most likely end his career.Eddie Jordan will have lets go of sir crash alot Takuma Sato first. Although Jordan can't pay for the high salary Irvine would demand, Bensen&Hedges could and Eddie Jordan said that if his major sponser does pick up this bill that Irvine would almost certainly be sitting in his car next year. Jaguar is a British team and would want a British driver and Button will almost certainly be retained by Renault so that leaves David Coulthard. After being out done almost constantly this year David's seat will most likely be filled with Nick Heidfeld or Mika Hakkinen( if he returns). So then Coulthard now has two choices huge money racing for Jaguar or a decent ride at Sauber. Another possibility is of course Jacques Villenueve. He most likely won't be Lucky enough to Strike a seat with a big team so he could end up sticking with his BAR team or dropping F1 altogether. 2003 season line-up should be interesting and will make for good racing next year!

Benson & Hedges put up cash for Damon Hill, I do not think they want to go down that path again. I think DC is safe at Mclaren

Of course Benson & Hedges no longer sponsor Jordan, but i think jordans sponsors will feel thye same.
DHL, Brifgestone, Deutsche Post, Mastercard, Brother and others

we'll se what happens, but i just cant see McLaren letting Coulthard go, i just think he has run to well for to long, he had some bad runs, but appears to be redeeming himself as of late.

First of all, I think Mr. Irvine after leave the Milton Keynes' Team will not go to another team, as he is a BAD driver and very expensive, so there will no room for him in the F1 next season.

Button retained for Renault? :D Nice! No.... I think this guy will leave the French team and will go to Jaguar. So the free place at Renault will be taked by Fernando Alonso.

Maybe Jacques will go to Toyota........ but who knows....... maybe McNish will keep in the team next season..... let's see. Time will tell. Chao!!

Eddie Irvine is really underestimated. You have to remember he battled Mika Hakkinen to the very last race in Suzuka Japan before losing the title by two points. Yes he was driving a ferrari but he does have talent but he cannot find a decent team with any kind of potential thats why he needs to return back to Jordan where he will have reliability and be able to turn that team around as Frentzen had and is doing to arrows.

Back
Top Bottom