BK Racing uh oh

Fine line between looking for new teams and underdogs to succeed vs those teams being a moving chicane every race and causing the most untimely cautions.

BK had potential, I think with better leadership, I think they could have succeeded. Just, with Devine not pay employees and drivers it makes the team quite toxic. No one wants to race for a team that is not paying their employees.

Is it much different than a co-signer getting ****** due to a defaulting signer?

Its not fair but you gotta know who you are collaborating with and take that risk.

True, very true.

Its why I refused to have my folks co-sign for my car, if I **** up, let me **** up. Same for the possible loan I'm taking to buy a duplex...

Makes me wonder just how much Dr. Pepper was spending on the team, if they have bills accumulated like this. BK had a nice group of sponsors, but they could not have been shelling out that much money.

So, the important question is, who is going to replace the weekly BK caution flags?

I kid cuz I care.

On a serious note, they is in a hep of trouble.

Hey on a side note ,if BK doesnt make it to Daytona thats gonna increase my boys chances at RBR of making the show. Silver lining.
Yeah, two spots just opened up for the season.

True, very true.

Its why I refused to have my folks co-sign for my car, if I **** up, let me **** up. Same for the possible loan I'm taking to buy a duplex...

Makes me wonder just how much Dr. Pepper was spending on the team, if they have bills accumulated like this. BK had a nice group of sponsors, but they could not have been shelling out that much money.
Devine owns multiple Burger King franchises and Dr Pepper is served at his restaurants, I dont think Burger King or Dr Pepper paid him a dime.

That's what I said lol

I played the inverse of that joke multiple times on the old NASCAR.com Press Pass chat rooms, and other places where the "BK" being brought up was (usually) Keselowski. Some people resorted to typing "BK2" to shut me up.

I do also remember the one time I can think of (2014), where BK Racing-related people showed up on Press Pass (specifically Alex Bowman, after he barely made the Daytona 500 that year; incidentally, that was right when BK started wrapping the 23, previously the 93, in Dr. Pepper colors every race).

A North Carolina judge will conduct a hearing next Monday to determine whether to appoint a receiver selected by Union Bank to operate BK Racing and either sell or lease out the team's charter, which would guarantee a spot for all 2018 races including the Feb. 18 Daytona 500. Having determined the bank has established that BK Racing owes it more than $8M in unpaid loans and fees, the court issued a temporary restraining order Friday that prohibits BK Racing from selling or leasing the charter or any assets until the hearing. While the bank also claims it has rights to the charter BK Racing sold to Front Row Motorsports prior to the 2017 season and was then leased to TriStar Motorsports, it does not seek immediate control of that charter, which would remain in control of Front Row.

Per Bob pockrass

Any guesses as to how much a charter could fetch on the open market? If they raise your winnings they gotta have value but I don't recall what they have brought when sold. Thanks a bunch.

... whether to appoint a receiver selected by Union Bank to operate BK Racing ...
I wonder if the bank would run the team itself with its own colors? I wonder how little a sponsor can spend to put a chartered car on the track, esp. if all it cares about is getting its name on the tube and doesn't care about performance.

Random thoughts running through the ol' gray cells.

I wonder if the bank would run the team itself with its own colors? I wonder how little a sponsor can spend to put a chartered car on the track, esp. if all it cares about is getting its name on the tube and doesn't care about performance.

Random thoughts running through the ol' gray cells.
Just remember , there is a poor performance clause with each charter. BK finished 35/36th in owner points for 2107 , for 2016 they finished 31/35/43/44th , and in 2015, 37/40th.

"Charter teams are held to a minimum performance standard. If a Charter team finishes in the bottom three of the owner standings among all 36 Charter teams for three consecutive years, NASCAR has a right to remove the charter."

Just remember , there is a poor performance clause with each charter. BK finished 35/36th in owner points for 2107 , for 2016 they finished 31/35/43/44th , and in 2015, 37/40th.

"Charter teams are held to a minimum performance standard. If a Charter team finishes in the bottom three of the owner standings among all 36 Charter teams for three consecutive years, NASCAR has a right to remove the charter."
Yeah, but if you're a business who didn't go looking for a race team in the first place and aren't in it for the long haul anyway, do you care if NASCAR yanks the charter? Run like crap for a year or two, get a bunch of publicity, then sell the charter just before Phoenix or Homestead.

Again, just random notions.

But at this point if they pulled a charter from a poor performing team what team would they give it to that would put out a better effort. IMO the whole charter thing is based on having more competitive teams than charters available. I just don't see it at this time.

A team having more than 1 charter can move the charter to a different car or team. I f you have a car running top 25-30 you can lease that charter and run your team on the other charter to prevent it from running below the mark for 3 yrs. Never lease a charter for more than 2 yrs.

Yeah, but if you're a business who didn't go looking for a race team in the first place and aren't in it for the long haul anyway, do you care if NASCAR yanks the charter?.
You do if you want to try and recoup money that has been defaulted on, if they the bank loses said charter, there goes a good chunk of an assets of BK racing.

You do if you want to try and recoup money that has been defaulted on, if they the bank loses said charter, there goes a good chunk of an assets of BK racing.
Like I said, sell it just before the end of the season.

I'm just spitballing. They'll more likely lease it for a year and then sell it.

Like I said, sell it just before the end of the season.

I'm just spitballing. They'll more likely lease it for a year and then sell it.
I am sure that is possible , probably the best thing for them is to just lease it.

Back
Top Bottom