Black Friday

Bobw

Team Owner
Who will venture forth to a mall today? I'd rather travel to Spain to run with the bulls with two broken legs than go to a mall today! I saw a news report that 60% of Christmas shopping will be done on-line this year. I think that 60% figure is low. I will do 100% on-line.
I get a lot of stuff on-line and if you stay with a name brand you know there's no reason to question quality or the return policy's from a large retailers.

But do you go mall crawlin' at all during this holiday season? One local mall has a kiddy land with a small carousel and kiddy car rides, a magnet for kids to draw their parents in. Of course retailers line their window with gifts for kids..

But do you go mall crawlin' at all during this holiday season? One local mall has a kiddy land with a small carousel and kiddy car rides, a magnet for kids to draw their parents in. Of course retailers line their window with gifts for kids..
Nope. Gave up mall crawlin' years ago. Where I live now, the closest big shopping centers are over an hour from my home.
Not driving that far so I can be run over by crazy people. LOL

My sister and I went out to a few places yesterday, after spending some quality family time of course. It really wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, but then again we didn't go to the mall. Our first store was Kohl's, which we got to around 8:30. The line there was pretty massive, but it went rather quickly. After that, we hit up Target, then Walmart, then another Target, then another Walmart. There was zero waiting in line at either of those stores. It's crazy how the wait time is shorter on black Friday than it is on any other day of the year. During normal days, Walmart uses like 3 registers at once, then during Black Friday they use every single one of them. Didn't buy anything exciting. A few movies, some bath towels and sweat pants.

I'm a quick learner...... went to Walmart several years ago with my oldest son's girlfriend at 5 in the morning to get a few little things on sale that didn't amount to diddly..... I was aghast at the crowd and how they were acting....... We left before getting trampled and I will never ever go back to a deal like that......

Again this year, Black Friday will have to do without my money.
There is absolutely NOTHING that would get me out into the madness.

You speak of the madness, I don't believe I've gone to a mall at this time of year in a good 4, maybe 5 years. That said Black Friday did get some of my money but on-line. I've got a number of toys on my Amazon wish list for cyber Monday, again on-line..

I don't shop in stores anymore for Christmas gifts, I sit right here behind my laptop and shop, so much easier and I can sip my favorite beverage too. The Mall is a dying breed, one of the Malls here has only one anchor store left, a movies plaza, and a few shops. I hate fighting the crowds anywhere for a deal, not worth it IMO.

Did my $500 worth of cyber monday... Did a combined Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday all together. $150 from one privately owned shop on friday and $400 from another just now.

Back
Top Bottom