Blaney-Harvick Conversation

Ford 222

Team Owner
I don’t think Ryan was as satisfied at the end as Kev. Kev looked to be doing the explaining and Ryan was acting like he was listening but he wasn’t hearing it. The way it ended looked to me like Kev thought he had just schooled the young’un and gave him a chuck to the gut but Blaney’s didn’t look very friendly. Harvick knew it and didn’t want no part of Ryan.

He is such a puss unless it’s someone he can bully. Take Ryan off the list. Epic brake check.

I thought they were both pretty cordial.

That is what Harvick was talking to him about a brake check. Harvick said if he passed Blaney and he wanted to beat on his bumper afterwards that was fine, but no brake checking.

I wonder if Harvick woulda clocked Trevor Bayne after his massive brake check.

Too bad ... so sad ............ the bully got brake checked by a little kid :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: he can't win a fight with a little kid ... no matter how hard he tries

Too bad ... so sad ............ the bully got brake checked by a little kid :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: he can't win a fight with a little kid ... no matter how hard he tries

Not even relevent he was very calm when talking to him. It's so funny how hes in your head...

That shot back from Blaney wasn’t playful. Look at his expression. He put more on that shove than just a little “back at ya” message.

Hes young...frustrated...hard to see at this time he will be ok

Actually I think Harvick handled it well. He could have and maybe should have dumped Blaney for the brake check. Blaney is a smart young driver and will learn from it. Blaney had just lost about 3 spots in the wreck at the end of the race, so he was still probably a little PO'd about that and wasn't in a mood to be hearing Harvick school him on short track racing. His Dad could do that.
It's my understanding they are pretty good friends and I am sure they will both move on.

Actually I think Harvick handled it well. He could have and maybe should have dumped Blaney for the brake check. Blaney is a smart young driver and will learn from it. Blaney had just lost about 3 spots in the wreck at the end of the race, so he was still probably a little PO'd about that and wasn't in a mood to be hearing Harvick school him on short track racing. His Dad could do that.
It's my understanding they are pretty good friends and I am sure they will both move on.
That was Hambone again. Drove Blaney into the far wall and in turn wrecked about half the field. He did the same thing to Blaney that he did to Chase. couldn't beat him fair and square. Harvick is right, it's bad racing to brake check. KDB brake checked the whole field on the restart. Blaney doesn't need to go down the same road as those two.

Really? Didn't know that? I hope "the Closer" doesn't rub off on him and he becomes a bully wannabe like Harvick.

Really? Didn't know that? I hope "the Closer" doesn't rub off on him and he becomes a bully wannabe like Harvick.

missed the whole part where Hamlin tried to drive Blaney thru the wall, but a calm discussion from Harvick without any dirty driving from him but from Blaney gets your goat. Brake checking, ramming on corner entry and driving somebody into the wall, using your splitter to cut a tire are all examples of dirty driving. Both KDB and Hamlin did all of those. I don't want to see Blaney do those. That isn't good sportsmanship.

Last edited:
I thought the conversation between Harvick and Blaney went as well as one could expect. At least they did it face-to-face and they seemed to be under control. I saw it as old school and new school saying what needed to be said.

missed the whole part where Hamlin tried to drive Blaney thru the wall, but a calm discussion from Harvick without any dirty driving from him but from Blaney gets your goat. Brake checking, ramming on corner entry and driving somebody into the wall, using your splitter to cut a tire are all examples of dirty driving. Both KDB and Hamlin did all of those. I don't want to see Blaney do those. That isn't good sportsmanship.
I really don't see Blaney getting on the wrong side of racing. He is aggressive and at times he can be a swerving Irvan, but I think over time he will continue to develop into a solid racer. His road course win in the truck series a couple years ago is more indicative of the type of driver he is.

no doubt Harvick pissed him off at Martinsville. I think Blaney lost his cool and the brake check probably did get Harvick off his back bumper. Harvick isn't any angel. Both of their cars were really close speed wise. There was plenty of tit for tat going on. I do think Harvick talking calmly was a show of respect to Blaney cause Blaney is quality.

You wouldn't have brake checking on restarts if the flagman restarted the race instead of silly restart zone.

no doubt Harvick pissed him off at Martinsville. I think Blaney lost his cool and the brake check probably did get Harvick off his back bumper. Harvick isn't any angel. Both of their cars were really close speed wise. There was plenty of tit for tat going on. I do think Harvick talking calmly was a show of respect to Blaney cause Blaney is quality.

Yeah respect because obviously he can't intimidate Ryan like he can a KB or Brad who will avoid a confrontation with him. Heck Joey stood up to him when he was at Gibbs and Harvick leaves him alone now.

short version

Looks like Blaney brake checked him then arm checked him.
The older drivers had agreements among themselves for a long time about stuff on the track.
I don't think this new breed is going let it slide so easily. Those old drivers are a minority now
and don't have much say in what is going on.

That was Hambone again. Drove Blaney into the far wall and in turn wrecked about half the field. He did the same thing to Blaney that he did to Chase. couldn't beat him fair and square. Harvick is right, it's bad racing to brake check. KDB brake checked the whole field on the restart. Blaney doesn't need to go down the same road as those two.

No restart violation for KTB

Blaney will be controversial in his career. I feel like of the young talent he the most likely to be outspoken. Chase is a classic Mommas boy and going to be the next Dale Jr as the PC guy in the garage in my opinion. Blaney moving over to Penske will have an effect and he'll be involved in more of these confrontations like his teammates normally are.

Of the new wave of young drivers, Blaney and Jones are my two favorites. Gonna let time decide who I ultimately go with as my driver.

Blaney will be controversial in his career. I feel like of the young talent he the most likely to be outspoken. Chase is a classic Mommas boy and going to be the next Dale Jr as the PC guy in the garage in my opinion. Blaney moving over to Penske will have an effect and he'll be involved in more of these confrontations like his teammates normally are.

I think they are more similar than you think

IMG_3745.PNG

View attachment 30013
Ignorance is not bliss.

View attachment 30013

That's cool but my point still stands though. They can be similar off track but they drive different and Ryan is more likely to rub other drivers wrong in my opinion. Ryan is also more like to push back in one of these post race altercations.

Are you exactly like all you drinking buddies?

I understand that calling someone a bully is not meant as complimentary but it beats me how a follically impaired lightweight like Harvick (Yap Yap to Ricky Rudd) could bully anyone. I don't see anything remotely intimidating about him and I don't see how a fellow driver or fan could see it either.

I understand that calling someone a bully is not meant as complimentary but it beats me how a follically impaired lightweight like Harvick (Yap Yap to Ricky Rudd) could bully anyone. I don't see anything remotely intimidating about him and I don't see how a fellow driver or fan could see it either.
I'm being sarcastic when I say it for the reasons you mention (except follically impaired-don't see how having or not having hair has anything to do with intimidation). I make fun of him because he TRIES to bully people, and has since he stepped foot in the 3 car. He knows Kyle won't fight back and a physical confrontation is the last thing Brad would want and there are a few others out there he has shoved around. Notice he doesn't mess with those that stand up to him anymore? Except when his team is around to "hold him back" or save his ass if it actually comes to blows does he verbally assault anyone else.

If you watch the end of the race again you will see Denny trying hard to run Ryan into the inside wall. That tells me that he knows Ryan is a threat to him. Hamlin did the same thing to Brad when he was in Xfinity driving for Junior. Hamlin knows talent. Guess who got a championship and who doesn't.

If you watch the end of the race again you will see Denny trying hard to run Ryan into the inside wall. That tells me that he knows Ryan is a threat to him. Hamlin did the same thing to Brad when he was in Xfinity driving for Junior. Hamlin knows talent. Guess who got a championship and who doesn't.

Seemed like he was just trying to get across the line, at the expense of everyone else.

Hamlin's tires smoking the whole time, wheels turned into the 21. The guy is a tool.

Back
Top Bottom