Blaney...not doing great

W

Ward Burton

After the 4th race or so, I figured Dave would really be doing great all year, but the last 4 races, he has quickly spiraled downward. Do you think that the #77 team will start to do well again at any point in this year? :unsure:

some luck would help...they've been a few messes of others doing..

He was 7th in points after Darlington, and coming off a 3rd place finish. In two of the three races since then - Bristol and Talladega - he was swept up in early wrecks not of his doing, which happens at those tracks. At Texas, he was uncompetitive before the engine expired. I still think he can finish in the top 15 in points, but these last three weeks have put a real damper on his chances at the top 10.

if johnny benson & ricky craven can win, then blaney can win too

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Apr 10 2003, 08:13 PM
Are you saying that Craven and Benson are not as good as Blaney? I think they are better, but Blaney will still get a win this year!!

Originally posted by ward22+Apr 10 2003, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ward22 @ Apr 10 2003, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000@Apr 10 2003, 08:13 PM
Are you saying that Craven and Benson are not as good as Blaney? I think they are better, but Blaney will still get a win this year!! [/b][/quote]
no. i'm saying that blaney, craven & benson are the same.
all 3 are in medium teams but manage to find an opening once and a while.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000+Apr 10 2003, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j ozzman 5000 @ Apr 10 2003, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -ward22@Apr 10 2003, 09:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000
@Apr 10 2003, 08:13 PM

Are you saying that Craven and Benson are not as good as Blaney? I think they are better, but Blaney will still get a win this year!!
all 3 are in medium teams but manage to find an opening once and a while. [/b][/quote]
Just wondering. :)

Originally posted by ward22+Apr 10 2003, 10:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ward22 @ Apr 10 2003, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -j ozzman 5000@Apr 10 2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by -ward22@Apr 10 2003, 09:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000
@Apr 10 2003, 08:13 PM

all 3 are in medium teams but manage to find an opening once and a while.
Just wondering. :) [/b][/quote]
i betcha blaney could whip 'em all in WoO...

i think craven is the best second tier driver, and could probably be one of the championship contenders if he was with an established winston cup multi-car team...he'll probably still be in the hunt this year or next with the his team the way it is.

i think the 77 and 10 are pretty equal teams, but they only look as good as the 32 because they are each part of multi-car operations where the 32 team is by itself. blaney is definately capable of being a cup winner.

(i only quoted because i wanted to see another quote window...please excuse me, i'm a newbie here.) :cuckoo:

I don't think that the 77, 10 or 32 have shown the killer instinct needed to be successful. Craven was humbly apologetic for blowing a tire and hitting Lil'E. Everyone, I think, understood that it wasn't his fault. Could they pull off a bump and run and not feel guilty about it afterwards? Wasn't Kyle better before his accident and he found out that he was mortal? Will Newman be able to sustain his driving ability after his wreck? Stewart took a few races before he got his edge back. Driving is attitude and confidence. Jimmy Spencer exudes both. Oh, wait, there goes my whole argument... :huh:

thought the way Blaney started he was going to do well. Oh well maybe he can rebound. :D

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 15 2003, 04:40 PM
thought the way Blaney started he was going to do well. Oh well maybe he can rebound. :D
Hopefully he will... :unsure: :)

Back
Top Bottom