Blaney staying at jasper!!

P

PettyBenson

On the qual show they said Dave is staying at the 77 car. So i guess that means he is out of the running for the 41, and unless Chip gets another young gun it looks like Bobby hamilton will be inthe car.

Doesn't that team get engines from Penske?

If they do, then what is up with there sponsor - Jasper Engines and Transmissions when they use Penske?

Doesn't that team get engines from Penske?

Yes they do Penske and jasper worked together. Next year jasper will do there own and Penske will as well.

Jasper i belive builds engines for semis but nor 100% sure about that

Jasper Engines and Transmissions specializes in rebuilt engines and transmissions. They do some performance stuff, but it is not their specialty.

They are likely best served by not putting their time and money into an R & D program that someone is already likely miles ahead in.

Nice to see Dave staying where he is. Hope with him staying he can bring that team upwards.

It was my impression they got the motors from Penske and then worked on themselves. They build motors and motor parts for cars, not for race cars. Though I know they used to.

Blaney had a good season with them this year. I don't know if he's going to do any better next year, but at least he's got a solid ride under him.

Ok thanks for the info. I always wondered why they were a Engine shop that bought engines from another team. I think Dave and the team will do alot better next year.

I'm glad to hear Blaney's staying put.. i think he is good for that team.

Back
Top Bottom