Bloomer and KLMS

Lap3Forever

Staff member
10-27-07 Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway, Calvert City, KY

To any fans who were disappointed by my reaction, I apologize. I apologize for the many hours that fans drove expecting to see a full field of late model cars compete. With the many race cars in the late model class, the crate class and the modified class, there was limited infield parking. It was announced at the drivers meeting THAT THE SPEAKERS WERE NOT WORKING IN THE BACK ROW OF THE PIT AREA so management knew that there were four drivers who were likely unaware of all PA announcements. It was also stated at the drivers meeting THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE ONE LAP RAN AFTER 12:00 due to a noise ordinance and THAT THERE WOULD BE A 15 MINUTE INTERMISSION BEFORE THE LATE MODEL FEATURE. With the crate feature ending at 12:05, the 12:00 curfew had been broken giving no reason for an uninformed rushed format. I can understand altering the program, but I can not understand not informing those you have acknowledged can not hear announcements. I'm sorry to say due to lack of consideration by track management for drivers and fans concerning all of the above, I and 3 other drivers have agreed not compete at KLMS until it is under new management.

www.scottbloomquist.com

DSC08677.JPG

Don't know what part of the night this pic was taken, if it was a heat/consi...or if he just pulled on the track and back off durring an yellow in the feature. but anyway i thought i would share this.

http://www.kohlsracingphotos.com/images/DSC08677.JPG (pic link, not on Scott's website)

Well, Bloomer always said he was #1. Nothing changed there. LOL
Rumor was/is he was flipping off the management, not the fans. Isn't this the secord or third time he says he's not going to KLMS?

not just Bloomer... wish I had a nickel for every time a driver has said, I'm not goin back to ________ track ever again........lol. I know I would need a dump truck to carry them from this year alone....lol

I've heard a couple versions of the story. I did speak to a few of Bloomers people at East Alabama and they believe in thier story, but also hinted at some stuff brewing well before this race.

Back
Top Bottom