Blowing it in the wind tunnel

H

HardScrabble

Just how embarassing is this?

Toyota's first wind-tunnel runs with its NASCAR Truck didn't go well, according to NASCAR sources, who report that Toyota engineers didn't tie the Truck down tightly enough during the runs at the Langley (VA) wind tunnel a few weeks ago. The Truck tore loose from its moorings and did serious damage to the facility, forcing it to close for two weeks for repairs. No word on how much Toyota had to pay for damages

It is probable absolutely non PC but:

I have this vision in my head of about 50 Japanese engineers swarming over this truck in the tunnel preparing for the test. They hustle into the control room and fire up the wind tunnel, as the wind cranks up they are smiling and nodding as they watch the readouts when suddenly the truck flies off down the tunnel. All 50 heads swivel in unison with a baffled expression. A moment of stunned silence is followed by a mad scurry out of the facility to the parking lot where they vanish off into the distance.

Gotta be a way to make some kind of commercial out of this! :D

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Feb 24 2003, 08:55 PM
I have this vision in my head of about 50 Japanese engineers swarming over this truck in the tunnel preparing for the test.
Imagine a Dodge Ram test.... 50 Mexicans running around. ;)

Man that must have been expensive....those test cost a bundle to start with, but wrecking the tunnel so it has to close down.....yikes :eek:

Toyota is going to fork out a lot more money than what was planned. You would think they would double check something like that...

:rolleyes: I can't believe this, it has me laughing yet wondering about the people running the test for Toyota. You really think they would have double-checked and triple-checked to make sure everything was done right and that the truck was tied down tight enough. I double-check and triple-check everything while doing an experiment and huge amounts of money are never at stake. Toyota is going to have to fork over a ton of money to wreck the tunnel so much that it had to close down.

Who's responsibility was it to make sure the truck was tied down well, Toyotas or the people at Langley? Surely the test were supervised.

HAHA they might make some good TV's and DVD's and game systems over there. but they cant tie i truck down. damn

does anyone have a pic of what the place looked like afterwards? i bet that truck looks nice to. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom