Bob..... Really? Must be a sloooow news day. (Danica content warning)

I agree with the topic title, and I unfortunately agree with @sdj .

I notice that in every reason supporting her admission, the key word is 'female'. Sorry, that alone doesn't cut it for me. Particularly weak is the 'best finish by a woman in the Daytona 500', an obvious case of cherry-picking a statistic.

Can we go back to arguing about Kulwicki instead? There's a lot more meat on that argument than this one.

Someday, I will go to the Hall of Fame to celebrate this sport's history. As for how we determine who gets in.....Dave Moody is a voter. Enough said.

She's the Kardashians of the racing world. She's famous for being famous.

Bob Pockrass said:
The debate has only just begun.

*shudders* If Bob is correct on this one, I appeal to the Hall of Fame committee to create whatever special exemption necessary to put her in now and get it over with, so the 'debate' can be finished.

She's the Kardashians of the racing world. She's famous for being famous.
I don't feel she should be in the NASCAR HOF, but the only thing she has in common with the Kardashians is looking good in a thong bikini and knowing how to market herself to make millions. Now if she would leak a sex tape then I might give your post a little more credit. I doubt the Kardashian sisters would even know how to drive a golf cart.:)

One thing that might keep Danica out of the HOF is if another female driver makes it to Cup and actually has some success. I know there are some female drivers in the pipeline with a fair amount of talent, I guess time will tell if any of them can make it to and succeed in Cup.

One thing that might keep Danica out of the HOF is if another female driver makes it to Cup and actually has some success. I know there are some female drivers in the pipeline with a fair amount of talent, I guess time will tell if any of them can make it to and succeed in Cup.

I can see Hailie Deegan making it to Cup. She's 16 and doing pretty well in K&N right now. If they don't rush her, she has potential.

If a ****** is enough to get into the hall of fame then all legitimacy is tarnished.

This article is a hot take.

I don't feel she should be in the NASCAR HOF, but the only thing she has in common with the Kardashians is looking good in a thong bikini and knowing how to market herself to make millions. Now if she would leak a sex tape then I might give your post a little more credit. I doubt the Kardashian sisters would even know how to drive a golf cart.:)

I don't think they make a golf cart seat big enough for the Kardashians! :lol2:

I can see Hailie Deegan making it to Cup. She's 16 and doing pretty well in K&N right now. If they don't rush her, she has potential.

Deegan is legit. I've been impressed with her so far.

All the hype around Natalie Decker and the expectation that she's going to win races in ARCA has also taken the pressure of high expectations off Deegan as well.

She shouldn't be in. I'm not sure if she will be - depends on how soon NASCAR decides to restrict admittance. Five a year is unsustainable for something that isn't a traditional stick & ball sport.

Giving someone an award simply because they were the first gender, race, nationality, etc... to do X undermines their achievements based on something out of their control. That in itself is inherently sexist, racist, etc... How someone can accept such an award on that basis, rather than the efforts to get there, in the spirit of progression is mind boggling to me.

I’m sure Danica would much rather be in the conversation of the Hall Of Fame based on extreme career success rather than a “gimmie” based on her God given reproductive organs.

You can not make a viable case for a winless, top-five-less individual, especially when said individual drove top-flight cars and yielded no results whatsoever all of his/her career.

If Danica gets in, go ahead and put Kevin Lepage and Shawna Robinson into the NASCAR Hall of Fame. :sarcasm:

You can not make a viable case for a winless, top-five-less individual, especially when said individual drove top-flight cars and yielded no results whatsoever all of his/her career.

If Danica gets in, go ahead and put Kevin Lepage and Shawna Robinson into the NASCAR Hall of Fame. :sarcasm:

Lepage shouldn't be in the Hall as a driver but his dumbass move at Talladega should definitely get its own exhibit.

Not to mention all the Bob tweets on the front page of ESPN Nascar about Danica...hosting the ESPY's, Lego statue...my goodness. Can I completely flop in my profession and get all these accolades??? please

Truex's beard is more HOF worthy than Johnson's. Truex's beard has a championship; all of JJ's championships were before he grew the face fuzz.

Truex's beard is more HOF worthy than Johnson's. Truex's beard has a championship; all of JJ's championships were before he grew the face fuzz.

However JJ can still win races and I doubt anyone will ever match his wins and championships.
Those days are gone for Nascar.

nascar-cup-homestead-2016-2016-champion-and-race-winner-jimmie-johnson-hendrick-motorsport.jpg

Back
Top Bottom