Bode Motorsports

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
It looks like Bob Bode will be back in action starting at the Joliet Il race at the end of June. His last race was at the World Finals in Pomona Ca at the end of last year. Our crew chief has just been to busy this year with his own company and has not been able to go racing. We have landed veteran tuner John Stewart to tune us starting in Joliet. I worked for Stew when he was the crewchief on the F/C that Tim Wilkerson drove in 1998 & 1999 and I am really excited to be able to work with him again. Stew has been in racing for over 45 years and he brings a vast amout of experience and knowledge to the team. He was the youngest driver to receive a Top Fuel license at the age of 16, and is a member of the 5 second club. Stew, has crewed for Joe Amato, Don Prudhomme, Connie Kalitta, Shirley Muldowney, Darrell Gwynn, Shelly Anderson, Cruz Pedregon, and he has been the crew chief for Tim Wilkerson, Dean Skuza, Jim Epler, Bob Vandergriff, the Carrier Boys, and his latest stint was 6 years with the Lucas Oil team where he was team manager and crew chief on the T/F dragsters for Morgan Lucas and Brandon Bernstein. The car that we ran last year doesn't have that many runs on it and we have a brand new one up in the top of the trailer. Bob has ordered a lot of new parts, so the car should run pretty good, and that always makes the season a lot more fun.:)

Cool! I will be there. Haven't missed a drag race at Joliet since they opened the place.

Cool! I will be there. Haven't missed a drag race at Joliet since they opened the place.
I have only been to three races this year so far, but I am going to be pretty busy for the next few months. My name is Eugene, make sure you stop by and say hi. It's probably going to be a pretty tough weekend because it's Bobs home town race so that means we will have a lot of people hanging out, plus we are breaking in a couple new crew guys. I have a race to do next weekend in Bakersfield Ca with a Nostalgia F/C, and then the next weekend I'm driving Del Worshams hauler to Salt Lake City for the Nitro Nationals where Grant Downing is going to drive Dels car in a match race. Then I am going to drive Dels hauler to Joliet and drop it off at the track and then go pick up Bodes hauler and help him at the Joliet race. Then after the race I'm going to leave Worshams hauler at the track and fly home for a week, and then Dels car has to go to Toronto Canada for a match race before I bring it back to California. So, it looks like this weekend will be the last Nascar racing I will get to watch for about a month.

I have met a lot of fans from some of the drag racing forums, but I would love to meet some fans from the racing forum. So, if any of you happen to attend any of the drag races that I am at stop by the hauler and say hi. Here is a list of the races and teams that I have committed to so far for the rest of 2013.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------June 15th ------ Saturday Night Nitro in Bakersfield Ca--------------------------(Hot 4 Teacher Nostalgia F/C Team)
June 22nd-------- Nitro Nationals in Salt Lake City Ut---------------------------(Grant Downing Racing Team)
June 27th--30th--OReilly 66 Nationals in Joliet Il--------------------------------(Bob Bode Motorsports Team)
July 13th-----------Saturday Night Nitro in Bakersfield Ca-----------------------(Hot 4 Teacher Nostalgia F/C Team)
July 26th--28th-- Nhra Sonoma Nationals in Sonoma Ca------------------------(Worsham Racing Team)
August 2nd--4th- OReilly Auto Parts Northwest Nationals in Seattle Wa-------(Worsham Racing Team)
August 15--18th-- Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd Mn----------------------------(Bob Bode Motorsports Team)
August 28th--Sept 2nd-- U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis--------------------------(Bob Bode Motorsports Team)
Sept 7th------------Saturday Night Nitro in Bakersfield Ca------------------------(Hot 4 Teacher Nostalgia F/C Team)
Sept 27th--29th---AAA Insurance Midwest Nationals in St Louis Mo-----------(Bob Bode Motorsports Team)
Oct 24th---27th---Nhra Nationals in Las Vegas Nv--------------------------------( Bob Bode Motorsports Team) ?????
Nov 7th----10th---Auto Club World Finals in Pomona Ca-------------------------(Bob Bode Motorsports Team)
There are a couple of Canada races that I have not comitted to yet, but if I do then I will add them to the list.

Tough luck for you guys yesterday, I was cheering Bob on from the stands :beerbang:. Though it looked like the Bode Jr. Dragster won his event. I couldn't tell if that was the finals for Jr. Dragster or just the semi-finals, because there were two junior dragster runs and nobody said anything on the PA, so I assumed they were the finals for two different age classes.

Tough luck for you guys yesterday, I was cheering Bob on from the stands :beerbang:. Though it looked like the Bode Jr. Dragster won his event. I couldn't tell if that was the finals for Jr. Dragster or just the semi-finals, because there were two junior dragster runs and nobody said anything on the PA, so I assumed they were the finals for two different age classes.
There's 3 Jr groups, 12.90(8,9), 8.90 (10,11, 12), and 7.90 (13-16). Age windows are approx, I'm not 100% sure where the cutoff are.

I wished you would have stopped by the trailer. We shot a spark plug out of the head against Capps. We have a good car again. We finally found a problem in the clutch that has been hurting our performance for the past 2 years. Our 60' times are back in the .890s and the car never even tried to smoke the tires. We have to put new head studs in because we were pushing out head gaskets and burning the heads off. After we fix that problem we should be able to run a 4.05 or better. The JR dragster deal was just an exhibition race. But, Bobby is leading the points series at route 66 and also at a track in Wisconsin. I have been on the road for 3 weeks now so it will be good to get home tomorrow. I flew from Chicago today but I missed my connection in San Francisco so I have to catch a 6.00 am flight in the morning back to Orange County.

I wish I had too, but we had a big group with us and stayed to watch the all the sportsmen classes race and by the time we got down to the trailers it was a few rounds in and I didn't know if you guys would have already packed up. Yeah, looked like Bob got a good jump off the line, looked even with Capps for the first 100 feet or so.

Back
Top Bottom