BONEHEAD OF THE RACE: Chase, Round I

D

Digger

I vote NASCAR on this. Their idiotic welfare points system has taken everything Wildthing's earned with 8 victories and erased it putting Johnsen in good shape to win a third championship.

Race

I think it was back in the 70's when the corporate teams took over that it was ruined. People like Kulwicki made it interesting but those days are gone.At least now with ten races to go you don't have a clue which of the corporate superteams will be crowned champion.

Aside from that, the biggest bonehead as to be Michael McDowell or David Starr in the truck race for wrecking multiple drivers each.

Mine goes the 18 team for leaving him out there with a busted sway bar to jeopardize their own driver as well the other cars on the track.

I agree about the corporate teams. Makes one wonder how many teams Roush, Hendrick,Gibbs, RCR etc would have if NA$CAR hadn't put in the 4 cars per team limit. I mention them because each of them has 3 cars in the chase.

Personally I'd like to see a 2 car per team limit and no Roush/Yates type alliance. Run what ya brung, if you're getting spanked on the track no whining to NA$CAR "It's not fair" <insert boo-hoo here> and have them implement rules to 'level' the playing field.

Manditory safety/tech inspections but turn loose the creativity, like Smokey Yunicks 7/8 Chevelle. ( Never would have got caught if another Chevelle hadn't parked beside his) Or his "banana" car.:)

The way it's going now it won't be long before NA$CAR supplies race vehicles ala IROC.

The way it's going now it won't be long before NA$CAR supplies race vehicles ala IROC.
Isn't that the truth. But more likely, it will come down to four teams making it Ford, vs Chevy, vs Dodge, vs Toyota and the manufacturers will be the owners and the present owners will only be the shills for the makes. Oh, it's pretty much that way now isn't it? Never mind.

Mine goes the 18 team for leaving him out there with a busted sway bar to jeopardize their own driver as well the other cars on the track.

Yeah, I was really worried he was going to wreck and hurt himself or someone else. Eventually, his piece of junk did end up taking out others. But, we know that happens all the time.

Bonehead

Back to the Bonehead of the week,would be same as last week Tony Stewart for speeding down pit road. But I guess that was because his pitcrew was too slow and he had to make up time LOL.

Yeah, I was really worried he was going to wreck and hurt himself or someone else. Eventually, his piece of junk did end up taking out others. But, we know that happens all the time.

To be fair, KB did not take out any other cars when he spun. The idiots behind him wrecked when the caution came out and one spun into him.

I vote NASCAR on this. Their idiotic welfare points system has taken everything Wildthing's earned with 8 victories and erased it putting Johnsen in good shape to win a third championship.

It is what it is so STFU, no matter what NASCAR does somebody is always gonna whine and complain, if they did'nt have the chase and one of the drivers you dislike won the cup by over 300 or 400 points you would be complaining "somthing needs to be done"

I'm shocked. Kyle busch has actually ran out of talent. Or maybe he just needs to run a few more preludes.

Edited --- do not make personal attacks on other posters. You may attack the message, but not the poster.

To be fair, KB did not take out any other cars when he spun. The idiots behind him wrecked when the caution came out and one spun into him.

Well also to be fair, if his car wasn't a piece of junk, he wouldn't have spun out and had the idiots run into him. LOL ;)

Kyle would have been fine if the Rousch crash twins wouldn't have ran out of talent.

Well, there is that too........

I'm sure if you ask Jack, it's Toyota's fault :)

You're kidding me, right? Kyle finished 12 laps down. If they would have brought it behind the wall to fix it properly, he would have been more laps down than that.

That's arguable.If they would have gotten it taken care of he wouldn't have spun in front of traffic and gotten hit adding further damage and lost time in the pits. What could have been worse than 12 laps down anyway?

LOL, Kyle run out of talent???? He drove that car better than anyother driver out there could under thoes conditions.
While i agree few others could have wheeled it for that long (namely stewart), he still lost control. I thought kyle was perfect and could control any racecar in any condition?

Also, i have a feeling we'll be seeing kyle next february in a daytona prototype....

Well, we really only know what the team is telling us.

IMO, saying "part failure" takes the blame away from the team and might help keep Kyle's head in the game. "Team failure" might give Kyle reason to blow up at the team, and undo a lot of hard work.

You're kidding me, right? Kyle finished 12 laps down. If they would have brought it behind the wall to fix it properly, he would have been more laps down than that.

Actually, I think what was meant by "bringing Kyle in" was waiting for the competition yellow, not going to the garage. I was kind of nervous for him and the other drivers as he was slipping back and wondering if that car was going to wreck on him before the caution came out. At least that's what I meant as the vote for the boneheaded move.

C'mon, you act as though the Roush crash twins had talen to begin with:D

Hey you have to give David Ragan credit for how he's done this year. We couldn't always count on him for a crash and a caution this year and he "almost" made the Chase. ;)

My prediction is that without any more mechanical failures, Kyle is going to kick the rest of the fields behind...
We'll see...

Didn't people say this about Ragan last year?

Yes they did.

McDowell's a talented driver, he just needs more experience. Perhaps he should've run ARCA another season or run Nationwide. Rushing him to Cup straight from ARCA was a big mistake.

I thought Ragan would win a race in the regular season. He's come darn close, but it's getting to the point that it's nearly impossible to beat "the big three."

Like I said last week, NASCAR's starting to look like IndyCar Series.

Perhaps he should have run Arca, or Trucks or NW. There's a lot of things that you can say in hindsight. But, then I'm reminded of Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson who did absolutely nothing in NW and they've done OK in Cup. Or, at least in some people's eyes they have.
Heck Jimmie still struggles in NW yet he's posted $65M in winnings. So to say so-and-so isn't ready is still to individual of thing to say it was a mistake. Or, to put it another way, what will you and the other McDowell critics say if he not only stays in Cup but wins the Championship next year? Will you still say he should have been held back?
I suppose that when its your money on the line you get to call the shots. But when someone else is putting up their dime and taking a chance who am I to say they were wrong. Especially during the season. McDowell could go on a tear and win 4 races before the season is over, like Jimmie did last year.
Racing is a funny animal. Until you strap yourself behind the wheel and test your mettle you'll never know what you can do.

Didn't people say this about Ragan last year?

the differance between Ragan and Mcdowell is that Ragan drives for a top team Roush. While Mcdowell drives for a team thats only had about 5 top 10's in there exhistance.

I know it was probably unintininal but its kind of strange he just happend to wreck the guy in 35th in owner points right when he was on the verge of falling out of the top 35.

Back
Top Bottom