Bonehead of the Race: Coca-Cola 600

98309002_267714624428562_8944661421354909696_n.jpg

Alan Gustafson has needed a strategy manager his entire career. This is getting old.

But can we talk about that yellow for Byron spinning on the apron?

Just came on to say if Chase doesn’t pit... everyone else does... so he still could be ******.

Now back to my break.

Reactions: Pat
It's easy to pick on Gustafson, and truthfully I wouldn't have pitted, but if they don't, just about everybody else would. I don't think there was a right answer. Depending on how it all started, and I haven't seen any replay, the REAL bonehead is probably William Byron.

I thought Denny Hamlin's crew would win this hands down. How in the world is the weight not secured on a Cup car? As for Elliott, he was beaten once the caution comes out. If he stays out, everybody else pits leaving him a sitting duck.

Remember a few days ago when we were told how well these teams go over these cars with a fine toothed comb and don't miss stuff, hence they don't need any shakedown time on the track??????

I thought Denny Hamlin's crew would win this hands down. How in the world is the weight not secured on a Cup car? As for Elliott, he was beaten once the caution comes out. If he stays out, everybody else pits leaving him a sitting duck.
yeah Elliott in third had a pretty good night moved up a position to 4th overall. Hambone lost 4 spots to 8th place and looses his whole upper crew for 4 races it looks like.

The 11 team for literally bringing a dump truck and dumping **** on the track. :)

#11 Team and the guy who had the check list with those weights on it should be unemployed today. Obviously he didn't do his job.

I'm going to have to go with the 11. I think the 9s position was a no win. However, Gustafson should have let Chase make the call I think.

Since it’s en vogue to bag on Gustafson right now, and 11 team is too obvious, I’m going with Chad Knaus. Byron was showing tire rub smoke all night, and they finally had a cut at the worst time which cost their teammate a win.

Since it’s en vogue to bag on Gustafson right now, and 11 team is too obvious, I’m going with Chad Knaus. Byron was showing tire rub smoke all night, and they finally had a cut at the worst time which cost their teammate a win.
This was gonna be mine too. I can't give Alan too much grief, he took a major swing at that car mid race and turned it into a rocket.

24 team first, 11 team second.

Chase was screwed either way. I don't know that he could have held them off even with clean air - would have needed a hell of a push. If he spun the tires, it would have wrecked the field.

This is hands down the 11 team.
I think I know who's going to get the most nominations/votes.
24 team first, 11 team second.

Chase was screwed either way. I don't know that he could have held them off even with clean air - would have needed a hell of a push. If he spun the tires, it would have wrecked the field.
Yep, they did it earlier and he almost wrecked the field.

Yeah the Chase favoritism is real. Denny's team is going to be cucumbered for four races, I think I'll go with that.
It's a skewed poll. More Chase fans will come here to put the blame on someone. He was screwed by the caution.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tough one for me to choose, I'll go with Denny those weights fell out so early I don't think anything broke I have to believe they didn't get secured properly.Had to be a long 600 miles for the 11 team starting multiple laps down and knowing you don't even have a chance.

And to think Chad Knaus used to be a tire changer on the rainbow warriors #24 squad. Should have been a no brainer call, ESPECIALLY after Byron felt it going down 2 laps before finally spinning.

**** Chad Knaus.
So, you're saying Chad Knaus should call the #24 car's race to provide maximum benefit to the #9 car's result??? Hmmm, interesting perspective there.

Personally, I think the absence of team orders in Nascar is a good thing.

So, you're saying Chad Knaus should call the #24 car's race to provide maximum benefit to the #9 car's result??? Hmmm, interesting perspective there.

Personally, I think the absence of team orders in Nascar is a good thing.
I think a hall of fame crew chief should consider calling his car to pit road after having a tire rub for 100+ laps, especially when they are not in contention to win and after his driver complains of a “flat tire” with 4 to go, but ends up altering the end of the race.

48 team. When JJ isn't crashing the 48 team gets caught cheating.JJ should have retired years ago and concentrated on being an amateur marathon runner.

Back
Top Bottom