Bonehead of the Race: Dover II

You need 2 different threads if you're going to include both. When we rate the race, we rate the one we just got done watching.

It's always been my understanding that "bonehead" covers the whole NASCAR weekend. But at the same time, if you nominate someone, you need to specify which...

Elliott Sadler and team are miffed at Andretti.

Elliott_Sadler Thanks to all my guys for busting their ass today fixing the car.maddest I've ever been today in 27 years of racing. Got ran over.team roks!

19spotter If any of you find a cure for dumbass in the next few weeks plz send John Andretti a free sample.

19spotter 34 trying to win the race from 5 laps down wrecked us. Genius.

It's always been my understanding that "bonehead" covers the whole NASCAR weekend. But at the same time, if you nominate someone, you need to specify which...

Well, that's fine then, but like you said, specify which. I got sort of sleepy after watching the cup race and was thinking... I don't remember Kez being in it....... LOL

Elliott Sadler and team are miffed at Andretti.

Elliott_Sadler Thanks to all my guys for busting their ass today fixing the car.maddest I've ever been today in 27 years of racing. Got ran over.team roks!

19spotter If any of you find a cure for dumbass in the next few weeks plz send John Andretti a free sample.

19spotter 34 trying to win the race from 5 laps down wrecked us. Genius.

Funny but Sadler isn't know for his smart racing either.

I started the Bonehead and it applies to the whole weekend. When I started this last year, it came from Kevin Lepage pulling out in front of the field at Talladega in the NNS race.

This one is a no-brainer: Kyle Busch.

One flat tire....OK, it happens to everyone. Two in one day? He's not the first to have that either. So what's his response after the second one? To floor it, and drive the car back into the wall 2 more times. Even his spotter said "Whoa! Settle down!"

Kyle is showing once again why he's not in the Chase. Say all you want about Junior not having talent, etc, but he's never tried to wreck his car while having a bad day. Kyle's done it at least twice that I can remember in the Cup series this year.

KyleBusch-1.jpg

This one is a no-brainer: Kyle Busch.

One flat tire....OK, it happens to everyone. Two in one day? He's not the first to have that either. So what's his response after the second one? To floor it, and drive the car back into the wall 2 more times. Even his spotter said "Whoa! Settle down!"

Kyle is showing once again why he's not in the Chase. Say all you want about Junior not having talent, etc, but he's never tried to wreck his car while having a bad day. Kyle's done it at least twice that I can remember in the Cup series this year.

KyleBusch-1.jpg

I LOVE IT. LOL

Say all you want about Junior not having talent, etc, but he's never tried to wreck his car while having a bad day.

Well, yes, he did! He admitted to spinning his car because he needed a caution. And he was penalized because he wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut...

Yes he did, dammm foolish to say it over the radio. I wonder how long it took his guys to repair his car after spinning it and not hitting anything vs the time shrubs guys will. :D

Does seem to be a familiy trait. Kurt has made great strides since he went cup but he also acts like a jerk when things don't go his way. The clips of his radio traffic they played clearly show that.

Well, yes, he did! He admitted to spinning his car because he needed a caution. And he was penalized because he wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut...

:confused:

Uh......sure. If you say so.

I know the event you're talking about, but I fail to see how spinning your car to stay on the lead lap is the same thing as trying to wreck your car because you're having a bad day and want to go home.

Don't forget: this isn't anything new for Kyle. Remember that race when he was still driving the #5 car for HMS, and crashed out? Then while the team was fixing the car Kyle leaves the track?

Another driver that DNF'ed that same race ended up filling in for the AWOL Kyle. Since this other driver has no talent, I can't remember his name. But he's got more integrity and good sportsmanship in his little toe than Kyle will ever have in his life.

dalejr-257x300.jpg

Something seems to come over Kyle everytime he drives the Interstate car.

:confused:

Uh......sure. If you say so.

I know the event you're talking about, but I fail to see how spinning your car to stay on the lead lap is the same thing as trying to wreck your car because you're having a bad day and want to go home.

Don't forget: this isn't anything new for Kyle. Remember that race when he was still driving the #5 car for HMS, and crashed out? Then while the team was fixing the car Kyle leaves the track?

Another driver that DNF'ed that same race ended up filling in for the AWOL Kyle. Since this other driver has no talent, I can't remember his name. But he's got more integrity and good sportsmanship in his little toe than Kyle will ever have in his life.

dalejr-257x300.jpg

I like Jr. The point I was trying to make was that all of the drivers get frustrated and make bad decisions. Jr lost his edge a few years ago. Kyle is going thru the same thing now.

I want to see a driver that is passionate about winning. Right now that driver is Kyle.

Did you happen to listen to Jr asking about his fantasy football picks during the red flag yesterday?

Every other driver was talking about pit strategies and fuel windows.

This isn't the first time Kyle has tried to finish his car off when it wasn't running right. I can think of 3 times just right off the top of my head. I just wonder how long JGR will put up with his attitude if he keeps blowing up and hitting the wall on purpose when his car isn't right.

Did you happen to listen to Jr asking about his fantasy football picks during the red flag yesterday?

Every other driver was talking about pit strategies and fuel windows.

I was listening to his scanner feed during the race and I find it laughable that people are commenting on his fantasy football discussions. That conversation was at about 10 minutes into the red flag. It was long after his discussion of what the car was doing and the issues associated with the race. They were also discussing the wreck, what caused it & if everyone was OK. I don't know how long the red flag was. I think it was somewhere about 20 minutes. I find it a little hard to believe that every other driver talked exclusively about pit strategies and fuel windows during the duration of the red flag. But then again, I didn't have the opportunity to listen to the discussion of the other 42 drivers for the entire length of the caution. I'm sure they kept it all to strictly racing topics. :sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom