Bonehead of the race: Dover II

I'll be honest. I doubt it's the equipment. I mean SHR doesn't have park & stop equipment, but they're also slightly below teams like HMS & JGR. It would really be interesting to see what Danica could do in a car that's prepped by SHR's best team & see if there's any improvements.
In this case, I gotta agree with ted and others. While she finished 29th or so this week, that finish isn't indicative of the poor performance. She's run much more competitively here in the past.

Somewhat in their defense, plenty of normally better teams also were off this weekend. Lack of practice? Dunno.

And the 10 team had their best finish this year with a p13 at Dover in May. The 10 team getting championship equipment is a joke IMO.

SHR getting great equipment is a joke IMO . Harvick and Childers can take their act anywhere and do well . Maybe better with a pit crew , who knows ?

SHR getting great equipment is a joke IMO . Harvick and Childers can take their act anywhere and do well . Maybe better with a pit crew , who knows ?
Anywhere? I'd pay good money to see the results of H&R taking their show over to Front Row or HScott. :D

10 team for bringing a Pinto to the track.7 laps down. Nature's Bakery deserves a refund for that embarrassing performance.

I imagine there are a lot of sighs of relief at Go Daddy! corporate headquarters right about now.

My point is , she normally has better finishes in cars prepped by her own team . As for SHR having "elite" equipment , why would they want to go to Ford ? Maybe they just aren't getting very good stuff from HMS .

SHR's move to Ford was a business decision as they placed 3 cars in the lottery this year and had 3 different drivers win races.

And the 10 team had their best finish this year with a p13 at Dover in May. The 10 team getting championship equipment is a joke IMO.

I didn't see that race but I see the 10 team finished on the lead lap at Dover in the spring so I don't think DP forgot how to drive the track in less than 6 months.

In this case, I gotta agree with ted and others. While she finished 29th or so this week, that finish isn't indicative of the poor performance. She's run much more competitively here in the past.

Somewhat in their defense, plenty of normally better teams also were off this weekend. Lack of practice? Dunno.

DP is normally as solid as a rock in getting a finish somewhere between 19th and 26th and normally finishes no worse than 3 laps down so something was off with the car and the CC obviously could not get it adjusted. It is water under the bridge but I think a change of scenery when her contract with SHR expired would have benefited her.

Dover #1, there was an eighteen car cluster when the 48 missed a gear on a restart. She deftly managed to avoid the carnage, claimed her free pass onto the lead lap then enjoyed the spoils of attrition as a victorious warrior should.

Didn’t happen yesterday. Miles is a misogynist.

I don't know , MWR had some pretty bad stuff and Childers made it go.

and with 3 different driver to boot.
I think SHR is just using up old inventory before the switch over to Ford. The first year Tony was using JJ's cars and for the chase he was using the best cars from HMS. That isn't true the last couple years.

Tony's buddy was only a CC at JGR, and they had a real good competition director. All that doesn't mean he is any good as a competition director or general manager. He couldn't even get Tony running good during the hot summer.

and with 3 different driver to boot.
I think SHR is just using up old inventory before the switch over to Ford. The first year Tony was using JJ's cars and for the chase he was using the best cars from HMS. That isn't true the last couple years.

Tony's buddy was only a CC at JGR, and they had a real good competition director. All that doesn't mean he is any good as a competition director or general manager. He couldn't even get Tony running good during the hot summer.
I agree . And in all my years watching Nascar , I have never witnessed a four car team ( or even a two car team) built from the ground up in that length of time. I cannot dispute the overnight success , but still find it hard to believe.

The only real success was Tony leaving JGR and driving a HMS car.
He only won the championship on a tie breaker over a Ford while Toyota was struggling with their blown engines.
Next you have Harvick that only won the championship because he won 1 race the championship lottery.
Those two championships are flukes, not high caliber teams.

It's so easy to win a Cup race. The championship? In the Chase? Cakewalk.

I'm surprised Clint Bowyer hasn't fluked a couple.

He will once he gets into his new Ford. I think SHR will be getting all Penske used cars the first year. :D

I'm just saying ..... Look how long it took Penske to get a good two car team going . Look how long it took Hendrick , Roush , Gibbs , pick someone . Tony , Kevin and Kurt were overnight success stories . They built shops , hired and trained crews, mechanics ,found sponsors, everything , all while they were winning races and championships. Now , just when they should be consolidating their position , they are changing brands ? It's a fairy tale .

He only won the championship on a tie breaker over a Ford while Toyota was struggling with their blown engines.
Next you have Harvick that only won the championship because he won 1 race the championship lottery.
Those two championships are flukes, not high caliber teams.

:eek: Are you seriously saying that the 4 team is "not high caliber?" Arguably the most successful team over the last three years?

:eek: Are you seriously saying that the 4 team is "not high caliber?" Arguably the most successful team over the last three years?

...Something something "illegitimate champ" blah blah blah...

He only won the championship on a tie breaker over a Ford while Toyota was struggling with their blown engines. Next you have Harvick that only won the championship because he won 1 race the championship lottery. ...
Yeah, Stewart only tore off five wins in ten races to get to that tie breaker. Any mid-pack team could have done that.
Harvick couldn't win at Homestead without having done something else first to be eligible when he got there.

I think he was saying , you take a one of a kind crew chief from a situation at MWR where he wasn't going to win a championship . You put him with a top notch driver (and friend) who was also going nowhere at RCR . You put them with a great car owner at SHR who knew what he had and supported them . You got lightning in a bottle . Magic . Just happened . Can Jack Roush do it ? Can Richard Childress do it ?

Likely a very funny joke , but Dover hasn't been too bad a track for the 10 team . Last six starts were 23 , 25 , 15 ,, 21 ,13 , 28 . So it wasn't their best effort . And they did unload a brick .

That 21st avg is some impressive HoF stuff there.

My point is , she normally has better finishes in cars prepped by her own team . As for SHR having "elite" equipment , why would they want to go to Ford ? Maybe they just aren't getting very good stuff from HMS .

SHR Chevrolets alone has more Cup titles than all of Ford combined in the same time frame

That 21st avg is some impressive HoF stuff there.
Not likely ....she's a crappy driver , but her car was god awful last weekend too. Did somebody indicate they thought she was a HOF caliber driver ? I must have missed that .

SHR Chevrolets alone has more Cup titles than all of Ford combined in the same time frame

Which could well be the reason SHR is switching to Ford . Or maybe they just fancy the little blue oval .

There is a difference between a winning car and a high caliber shop.
#4 car is great with a good driver and a very smart CC.
#41 car has a very good driver but they are a 10-15 car
#41 car has a washed up driver and a mediocre team.
#10 car is nothing more than spare parts running around between 30 and 35 place.
NO SHR is not a high caliber team and one good car doesn't make them one.

Kurt Busch has 18 top 10 finishes, 7 top 5's and a win this season. His average finish is 12.0.

If SHR isn't a high caliber team, pray tell who is? Other than Penske, of course.

Back
Top Bottom