Bonehead of the week: Atlanta

Austin Dillon's crew chief for telling him to stay out once he lost power.
Back that up a step to whoever was responsible for the electrical failures on both cars, and whoever apparently made a change so the battery couldn't be swapped on pit road.

Either way, neither car blew a race-long lead like Harvick.

This. Harvicks error only came after Dillon's team screwed him. Maybe Richard still has a grudge.

So you think Papa was able to choreograph Harvicks mistake. Note I get that they should have bought the car in for service, but it wasn't to screw Harvick. It was pure self preservation, wanting to cycle the power and hoping for a little luck and refiring.

Harvick and the bum from the #3 team keeping Dillon on the track.

Honorable mention to RCR for having two contenders drop with battery issues.

no the choker is Kyle Larson who had another race gifted to him and he found a way to screw it up like he always does.
How many races was it that they kept harping on where Kev has led most laps but couldn't get it done? THAT'S choking.

Harvick with honorable mention to the #3 team for intentionally bringing out a caution. Also to Kyle Larson for giving a win away.
I thought Larson's explanation of his strategy was quite reasonable. He took what he thought was his best shot, taking Keselowski's fastest line away, but the 2 was still faster.

The 19 team who got beat by a 100-pound woman. Stay out of the garage Carl Edwards, as your not a good teacher when it comes to driving.How about taking some of your free time and dedicate it to teaching young men and women how to do backflips into a pool.:lol2:

The 19 team who got beat by a 100-pound woman. Stay out of the garage Carl Edwards, as your not a good teacher when it comes to driving.How about taking some of your free time and dedicate it to teaching young men and women how to do backflips into a pool.:lol2:
She beat the 48 and the 88 too.

I dont think the #3 team meant to bring out the yellow, but it was highly negligent to tell Dillion to stay out last second to test the other batteries & cycle power. You can do that while passing through the pits.

Sorry Kyle Larson, but as a couch driver I don't think you should have changed that line. Honorable mention to the 3 team for keeping Dillon out there with electrical issues.

Gotta go with Harvick I guess.

I dont think the #3 team meant to bring out the yellow, but it was highly negligent to tell Dillion to stay out last second to test the other batteries & cycle power. You can do that while passing through the pits.
He had no tach, so trying to do that and keep from speeding would have been difficult. Had they been successful, slowing down enough to be confidently below the limit would have cost them as much time as trying it on the apron; a speeding penalty would have cost them even more.

They already knew what the #31 went through; they should have gone to the garage without passing Go or collecting $200.

Looks like this week's pick is another obvious choice. Has to be Kevin Harvick for speeding on pit road on the last stop. Dominate the race and have the race won to throw it away.

Harvick for sure as what he and Truex have left on the table over the years would feed a platoon for a month.

Back
Top Bottom