Bonehead of the week: Charlotte

MRM

Team Owner
I was going to give my bonehead to Austin Dillon for slamming into Matt Kenseth leaving the pits. But after seeing some recent topics on this board, my pick goes to Bob Pockrass for saying Danica is a no-brainer hall of famer.

Anyone involved with television advertisement for KFC, Chevrolet, Sprint, Nationwide, lynphalta, zorelto, zorelco, xorelco, xorelta, or NASCAR.

My bonehead of the week goes to whoever it was that made the decision to move the 24 Hours Of Nurburgring to this weekend

Anyone involved with television advertisement for KFC, Chevrolet, Sprint, Nationwide, lynphalta, zorelto, zorelco, xorelco, xorelta, or NASCAR.
Cant wait for the jayski report on time at ads vs time at race

Edwards is the clear winner to me. He was a likely top 5 plus he gutted me in the Yahoo league when I already made 2 horrible mistakes (I'll wear bonehead 1A) due to inattentiveness late in the week. Backflippin bonehead.

Memorial Day tripleheader bonus pick: Red Bull Racing for the worst modern era F1 pit stop I've ever seen, choking away the Monaco GP victory.

I'll do the same thing and nominate Townsend Bell instead.

No clear candidates at Charlotte, except for Carl

Mike Joy for being an idiot.
My opinion of Mike Joy is that he is a consummate professional who invariably does a fine job that adds a lot to the broadcast. This year he has done a terrific job leveraging the considerable, though very different, talents of DW and JG. Gold standard stuff.

His broadcast of the 600 deserves extra praise for the brilliant way he wove the stories of the fallen heroes (honored on the teams' windshields) into the race coverage. Each time he broke away from the racing action to deliver two or three sentences about one of them, his transitions were seamless, and his delivery was reverent without being pandering. A brilliant Memorial Day broadcast... thank you Mike Joy!

Memorial Day tripleheader bonus pick: Red Bull Racing for the worst modern era F1 pit stop I've ever seen, choking away the Monaco GP victory.
This definitely is the winner for the weekend. That was terrible. Has there been any explanation?

I'd throw Karam in there for the Indy race for destroying a fast race car when he should have backed out and fell in line going into 1.

For the Nascar race, I guess Edwards for his back to back pit road penalties.

Me, for buying into the more pessimistic weather forecasts and staying home Sunday. The only mitigating factor is that we did catch the X race, which was far more competitive.

Edwards. How do speed 2X? Thats like a cop catching you speeding and then later he sees you with open liquor in your car

I'll have to go with Carl for 2 speeding penalties. No one else comes close in my book.

Well, with the exception of the screw up by the pit crew in the F1 race. :D

My bonehead goes to FOX for mailing it in.
Did anyone else think the Fox coverage was inferior to the ESPN coverage at Indy?

I can't put my finger on it, but it was probably the usual Fox suspects - single car camera angles, pointless shots from cameras mounted in the track, Jr. reports, mid-race guessing, 'Crank It Up', no or few 'Through the Pack' rundowns, etc. The ESPN coverage did have some bad blimp work (too far away, not used effectively to show passes and restarts), but I thought it was superior overall.

Just me, maybe.

My opinion of Mike Joy is that he is a consummate professional who invariably does a fine job that adds a lot to the broadcast. This year he has done a terrific job leveraging the considerable, though very different, talents of DW and JG. Gold standard stuff.

His broadcast of the 600 deserves extra praise for the brilliant way he wove the stories of the fallen heroes (honored on the teams' windshields) into the race coverage. Each time he broke away from the racing action to deliver two or three sentences about one of them, his transitions were seamless, and his delivery was reverent without being pandering. A brilliant Memorial Day broadcast... thank you Mike Joy!

Perfectly expressed.

Nope. And that's my opinion.

Did anyone else think the Fox coverage was inferior to the ESPN coverage at Indy?

I can't put my finger on it, but it was probably the usual Fox suspects - single car camera angles, pointless shots from cameras mounted in the track, Jr. reports, mid-race guessing, 'Crank It Up', no or few 'Through the Pack' rundowns, etc. The ESPN coverage did have some bad blimp work (too far away, not used effectively to show passes and restarts), but I thought it was superior overall.

Just me, maybe.

I thought the Indy coverage was fine and usually don't find much fault with FOX but I thought last night's coverage was awful. It was like they had predetermined what they were going to do prior to the race with no contingencies for how the race should have been covered.

Honestly since Tony Stewart has been in nascar you can probably go back and just give it to him every week. I may even watch cup more than 10 laps a race next year with that guy finally gone.

The 78 team for being so damn good. Most boring race of the season. :p

Congratulations to the team though - couldn't be happier for Truex and Pearny. Only a matter of time before they did it!!

I'd give the bonehead award to the Nascar fans who (a) b!tch and moan about manipulated races and manufactured drama, and then (b) get an un-manipulated race where one team turns in a rare perfect performance, and (c) b!tch that the race was boring and the worst race ever. It's like watching a baseball pitcher throw a no-hit perfect game and complaining there wasn't enough offense. SMH. :mad:

I'd give the bonehead award to the Nascar fans who (a) b!tch and moan about manipulated races and manufactured drama, and then (b) get an un-manipulated race where one team turns in a rare perfect performance, and (c) b!tch that the race was boring and the worst race ever. It's like watching a baseball pitcher throw a no-hit perfect game and complaining there wasn't enough offense. SMH. :mad:

NAILED IT.

Really? A lot of people who complain about BS debris cautions (like me) recognised the racing action that took place in the 600, and gave the race a decent rating.

That said, I should note that there was a BS debris caution in the 600.

Back
Top Bottom