Bonehead of the week: Daytona road course

It’s NBC. I had other nominations but none of them matter when the entire broadcast stops as the field is still on the track.

fans should be upset about it.

61zvaBDG%2BJL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Most of the Xfinity field, who apparently forget everything they'd learned in stage 1 before they entered turn 1 to start the second stage, and then failed to relearn any of it during the rest of the race. Unlike the other two series, these guys may well have torn up as many cars as racing on the oval would have.

First time I've contributed to the "bonehead" subject and NBC prompted me to do it. Not the way to treat your viewers.

Everything about NBC coverage is awful. The 3 stooges in the booth are insufferable and it's so bad that I would almost prefer DW and Mikey to replace them. And all their cameras seem to be in sniper mode except for restarts. I don't know how many times I've seen a wreck on the left side of the screen and then the camera guy zooms in on everything ahead of where the wreck started...and the guys in the booth don't even know there is a wreck/caution until 20 seconds after all viewers knew about it. Ughhhhh

Everything about NBC coverage is awful. The 3 stooges in the booth are insufferable and it's so bad that I would almost prefer DW and Mikey to replace them. And all their cameras seem to be in sniper mode except for restarts. I don't know how many times I've seen a wreck on the left side of the screen and then the camera guy zooms in on everything ahead of where the wreck started...and the guys in the booth don't even know there is a wreck/caution until 20 seconds after all viewers knew about it. Ughhhhh

All the time! I always swear I see a wreck or at least someone hit the wall. No mention of it right away, so I think my eyes were just seeing things. That is until I see the leaderboard and see a name drop like a rock. Had no idea what happened to Bubba Wallace until I saw a video online, but I knew something happened since his name disappeared from the top 10.

All the time! I always swear I see a wreck or at least someone hit the wall. No mention of it right away, so I think my eyes were just seeing things. That is until I see the leaderboard and see a name drop like a rock. Had no idea what happened to Bubba Wallace until I saw a video online, but I knew something happened since his name disappeared from the top 10.
I think they are putting the camera people to sleep too.

As a Bubba homer, I gotta give this one to Logano for bumping him out of a top ten road course finish.

I give it to NBC due to all the action they missed. So many times they talked about a driver charging up through the field but didn't actually show it happening. It seemed like they missed half the the action out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll go with no pearn. It was his race to lose and he did just that.

Good point. He and Elliott would have been a stout battle had MTJ not crapped the bed with the speeding penalty.
Truex. He could pass at will and at absolute worst was the second-best car out there. It would’ve been more interesting with him up there for the entirety of the final stage.
Adversity at his home track. Hate to see it.

Truex for speeding when he most likely would have won the race

Back
Top Bottom