Bonehead of the week: Fontana

Is there any reasonable take to justify it NOT going to Blaney's pit crew?

That 12 car was a winning car, and his pit crew costed him a net total of over 40 positions on pit road today.

That's ****** ridiculous, and I think that was the car to win after Reddick cut a tire.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From what I’ve heard it’s between 3 people/groups

1. Larson’s spotter for not calling outside or even acknowledging Chase until after he was outside of him making the move

2. Byron for Arca braking into Reddick

3. Blaney’s pit crew for taking him out of the top 5 several times today

That 12 car was a winning car, and his pit crew costed him a net total of over 40 positions on pit road today.

That's ****** ridiculous, and I think that was the car to win after Reddick cut a tire.

Blaney's CC said because of their set up it was a problem for the pit crew to remove the rear wheels. Oddly enough it first appeared to be an issue with the left rear, then Fox would break away and not show the right rear.
So, maybe it shouldn't be on the pit crew, but the CC for the original setup and not adjusting it during the race...if that was possible. Either way now I think it falls on the CC.

Where they not having wheel problems? Maybe they were extra careful not to mess with the rims for fear of more penalties.

Chase in the fence in 1 was a racing deal. That **** happened really quick. In hindsight, prolly a poor choice by the driver.

Toss up between 12 pit crew and Larson/Monn. Larson/Monn added the spice and emotion to the race, but the 12 crew screwed Blaney out of a win.

Honorable Mention to Chase for walling a winning car in 3/4 in first segment while leading

Back
Top Bottom