Bonehead of the week: Kentucky

MRM

Team Owner
I thought about nominating the guy who put his grill in the back of his truck only to see it catch fire. But that had nothing to do with that race, just general stupidity. But my bonehead of the week goes to Erik Jones for stalling the car under caution, while leading, and get passed by a couple of cars under caution. He basically threw away the race.

The #48 team's inability to adapt to the low downforce package. C'mon, this is a 6-time championship team wadding up two cars in the same turn. Time was when the #48 was noted for adapting to new and changing circumstances.

Okay, and maybe I'm just bitter 'cause I had JJ as a fantasy starter for the first frickin' time this year.

Nascar ....they couldn't find a reason to throw one debris caution on the final 60 laps . Not one ? Really ? Come on Nascar , it was so obvious you wanted Brad to win on fuel mileage!

Whoever the reporter for NBC is that said "he's going to his reserve," when Keselowski was running out of gas. Knowing that there is not "reserve" tank should be a prerequisite for pit reporting.

Whoever the reporter for NBC is that said "he's going to his reserve," when Keselowski was running out of gas. Knowing that there is not "reserve" tank should be a prerequisite for pit reporting.
There is a reserve pump, though.

Ryan Blaney. I like him but he destroyed two good cars because he had a brain fart.

NASCAR (with a little help from the 4) on the bull**** call on the 78.

Reactions: sdj
I believe it was Larry McReynolds that reported at Michigan a few weeks ago that some (or all?) teams have a separate "reserve" compartment inside the fuel cell, and the reserve fuel pump picks up from this compartment. It was when the 2 ran out but got the motor restarted and completed a full lap under caution.

I believe it was Larry McReynolds that reported at Michigan a few weeks ago that some (or all?) teams have a separate "reserve" compartment inside the fuel cell, and the reserve fuel pump picks up from this compartment. It was when the 2 ran out but got the motor restarted and completed a full lap under caution.

Ah, maybe I'm the uninformed one...

Yea I remember that. Interesting. Would like to know more about this compartment and how long it's been used and who came up with it. Really shouldn't be an excuse for running out on the track I'd think getting that warning then having enough to go 1 or 2 laps more.

I think the 48 crashing, and the 21 & 24 crashing, are just racing deals on a very difficult racetrack. I don't think they qualify as genuine bonehead moves. When you're trying to get to the front, things are going to happen sometimes.

Driver penalties on pit road are bonehead, so I'll vote for the 78 with that flagrant passing of the 4 on the inside. Most of the 78's prior instances this year of dominating the race, but then failing to win it, are due to factors beyond the 78's control. But not this one.

I thought about nominating the guy who put his grill in the back of his truck only to see it catch fire. But that had nothing to do with that race, just general stupidity. But my bonehead of the week goes to Erik Jones for stalling the car under caution, while leading, and get passed by a couple of cars under caution. He basically threw away the race.
I saw somewhere that the fire was from in the cab. So not from the grill, instead from not putting out a cigarette? Still a bonehead.

Erik Jones. Hitting the wrong button as he stated and costing yourself a shot at a win is as boneheaded as it gets in my book. Not quite to the Martin/Yarborough pulling into the pits with a lap to go, but close.

How can you not see Blaney's car completely slide loose? Whether Chase came down or not, they were going to crash.

Blaney even admitted it was his own fault lol. Yikes.

I'm not convinced it was Blaney. The 24 did turn down IMO

I'll stick with my opinion thank you very much. And as I've said many times before, I like Blaney and think he's a helluva driver.

Most I would say until they start jumping off the wagon. :sarcasm:
Right now I think the kid is earning some respect.:smile:
Sure he does and it will be a good bandwagon to jump on. I'm referring to the delusional fans JG had that thought he did no wrong.
Chase is great and will be awesome but I'm not proclaiming him better than Ryan. Chase stepped in a 4 title winning car that's part of a string of recent title wins by associated team members. Ryan is driving for a single car team that just went full time and doesn't even have guaranteed starts. Yeah they are part of Team Penske but make no mistake they are not on the "team". Always going to be # 3 on the depth chart when info and choice parts are doled out.

BONE HEAD - Heard on XM Nascar this morning that the guy, that owned the truck that caught fire in the parking lot at KY, was asleep in the truck, folks got him awake and out and he wanted to fight them! They said alcohol may have been involved.

BONE HEAD - Heard on XM Nascar this morning that the guy, that owned the truck that caught fire in the parking lot at KY, was asleep in the truck, folks got him awake and out and he wanted to fight them! They said alcohol may have been involved.

Not likely a Danica fan. ;)

Back
Top Bottom