Bonehead of the week: Kentucky

MRM

Team Owner
Some good candidates for this week's bonehead. I'm not sure if it should be Kyle Larson for missing driver intros, the KY Speedway groundskeepers for not turning off the timers to the infield sprinklers, or the people with the tire dragon that completely missed the racing groove going into turn 1.

Already mentioned it in the Race Thread.....Kyle Larson's Handler.....One job. Complete fail. Should be bagging your groceries on Monday.

Larson starting at the back didn't hurt him, he got to the front soon enough to make some points.
Two cars, same team and they both fail with the same parts?? The problem is at the shop.

CGR as a whole. The shop for the track bar failures and JHN's problems in the Xfinity race and Larson for missing intros.

CGR dropped the ball bigtime this weekend. All three cars had mechanical issues. JHN and Larson lost a potential win as a result.

Larson missing intros is also laughable.

Ya know, I've changed my mind. I assume the guys at the shop are at least trying. Missing intros because you're hanging out and don't know how to set a reminder on your phone is about as boneheaded as it gets, regardless of final finishing position.

I am going to defend Larson here. His handler is paid to make sure this doesn't happen. I can't imagine how it did.

Okay, then his handler gets the nod.

Yup. There are some who are critical of Larson's commitment given what he said about NASCAR Racing to fund his future on dirt, but this is not that. Handlers are 12/10 making sure that their guys are where they should be on time. Don't be late for the pretty people sponsoring the car, and don't embarrass the pretty people--the race to them is secondary--or in my experience, most don't even care because they are drunk by the checker. A difficult yet simple job IMO.

I vote for Truex for not putting his parking brake on....................also for getting lost looking for victory lane..

Ya know, I've changed my mind. I assume the guys at the shop are at least trying. Missing intros because you're hanging out and don't know how to set a reminder on your phone is about as boneheaded as it gets, regardless of final finishing position.
That tells me they have a lackadaisical mentality.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Larson who owns a World of Outlaws sprint car team might have been up at Eldora and was late getting back. Their biggest race, the Kings Royal was that weekend. His car piloted by Brad Sweet lost a heartbreaker by half a car length of winning the race for 50 thousand. BTW Stewart's team won

I have a sneaking suspicion that Larson who owns a World of Outlaws sprint car team might have been up at Eldora and was late getting back. Their biggest race, the Kings Royal was that weekend. His car piloted by Brad Sweet lost a heartbreaker by half a car length of winning the race for 50 thousand. BTW Stewart's team won
Brad Sweet drives for Kasey Kahne

shane stewart drives the #2 for him

I recall Kyle himself said after intros but before the green that he was shooting the breeze and just forgot.

Back
Top Bottom