Bonehead of the week: Las Vegas

MRM

Team Owner
Not a lot of candidates this week as the action seemed fairly tame. Some might think either Edwards or Kahne. Some might pick Danica for his spin in practice and wrecking Gordon. I'm going with Fox for going to a commercial with 16 laps to go that was not side-by-side. Who makes these decisions?

NASCAR's new pit road camera deal.

Edwards and it's not even close. Eliminated a driver running in the top 5 all day....and ruin his own chances in the process.

Yahoo News Article says Jr. supported his crew chiefs decision to gamble.......so that one seems to be on both of them if it was a bone head decision.

Carl certainly messed up two very good cars.........bone headed racing, or just the nature of the beast given all this side drafting that's going on now?

Several cars only took two tires with what 28 or more laps to go? Are they all in the running?

Guess, for me, it's a tie between the choice to go to commercial (I couldn't believe they did it) and Joey shooting self in foot, again and again.......

And what was up with all the "got away from 'em" tires?

I'm going to nominate myself this week for taking Johnson and Edwards off my Yahoo Fantasy League bench and activating them for yesterday's race. :mad:

I'm going to nominate myself this week for taking Johnson and Edwards off my Yahoo Fantasy League bench and activating them for yesterday's race. :mad:
I agree. I had JJ with Harvick on the bench.

I have no idea what was wrong with the 48 team. I think they missed the call on the RF in terms of set-up.

I agree. I had JJ with Harvick on the bench.
I did the same thing in my fantasy league - dropped Harvick in favor of JJ. Fortunately, almost everyone else also had the #48.

I nominate Fox, but not for the late commercial. I'm putting them in for not coming back from commercials early for either one of Jimmie's wall-buster specials.

I have no idea what was wrong with the 48 team. I think they missed the call on the RF in terms of set-up.

they had a loose wheel, got behind and Johnson ran the front tire off of it trying to get the lucky dog. looked like that to me anyway.

I missed the race (didn't see a single lap) but my bonehead vote goes to (and always will) Waltrip. Either one, or even both, really. Just because they are both such annoying boneheads.

Edwards for continuing JGR's unexplainable vendetta against Kasey

Probably my fault. I put JJ on my bench and after Chad told him early during the race , the confidence of both quickly deteriorated and just like that bam their done. The same thing happened to Edwards as well.
Sobering thought to know how just my thoughts effects everything. At least Truax was able to gain some confidence knowing I had chosen him.
I was humbly thankful to be able to help Casey Mears believe he could do well at Daytona as well.

I'll go NASCAR for waiting through the pit cycle before throwing the yellow for that lost wheel. If someone collected that wheel while green... and they wonder why everyone is up in the air about safety.

I'll go NASCAR for waiting through the pit cycle before throwing the yellow for that lost wheel. If someone collected that wheel while green... and they wonder why everyone is up in the air about safety.
wondered the same thing myself. They out waited Logano, he did like three or four laps with that tire out there trying to catch the yellow. as soon as he turned into the pits they threw out the yellow. Thought that was a bit strange.

That was a bit odd wasnt it

Back
Top Bottom