Bonehead of the week: Michigan II/Mid Ohio

MRM

Team Owner
I didn't see the truck race or the Xfinity race. My bonehead for this week is Kyle Busch's spotter for not being on top of telling Busch the pits were closed at the end of the segment. At least he owned up to it.

Kasey Kahne for running into everyone forever, in this specific case cutting off Daniel Suarez and wrecking the both of them.

Alternately, NBCSN for having no idea that Casey Mears' stall on the track at Mid-Ohio was probably because of damage from a spin that was clearly visible ON THE SCREEN.

Kahne and then not having any idea what he did. "why we were supposed to go down the straight a way together, not far away but close, that's how we do it" :rolleyes::dunce:

Kyle couldn't see the red light at pit entrance? I would think that would be something a driver would want to do to double check. Didn't really do much, I think he started 14th after that.

As much as I hate to say it, Kasey Kahne earns the title of bonehead of the week. I think he even knew/acknowledged in his mind that it was his fault in his post-wreck interview, because he certainly didn't place the blame square on Suarez's shoulders and he just said "I don't know...". :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I have not watched all of the Cup race, but how is Brennan Poole not getting any mention here? He drove like Cole Trickle yesterday.
Brennan Poole all the way but Ryan Reed should get a shout out for co bonehead he tried hard to win the title.

Tie between Keselowski & Harvick for their off track comments leading up to the race. Kes for the sandbagging remarks and Harv for his Earnhardt Jr comments. Get them both a bib.

I thought KK may have had some concussion effects....wow he looked spacy. But yes that wreck was KKs team faukt and bone-headed

I wasn't aware a car coming across another one's nose had the right of way.

Any fan expecting a driver to lift at any time is grossly mistaken about the basics of stock car racing competition.
So finally everyone will blame Danica for coming across Kaseys nose on the front stretch that time at Fontana as opposed to what they have done.

So finally everyone will blame Danica for coming across Kaseys nose on the front stretch that time at Fontana as opposed to what they have done.
I don't recall the incident in question, but if she did then she deserved a heaping serving of outside wall too.

I wasn't aware a car coming across another one's nose had the right of way.

Any fan expecting a driver to lift at any time is grossly mistaken about the basics of stock car racing competition.
You are 100% correct, Charlie, but FWIW Suarez *did* lift. It was impossible to avoid contact, but Suarez did try to give KK a break.

Back
Top Bottom