Bonehead of the Week: Michigan

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Early candidates:

Brian Vickers for costing himself and Kyle the win.

Kyle Busch for not being happy about losing (because everyone expects NASCAR drivers to just ride around for points)

The Weather Channel for calling for no rain when common knowledge should tell you to bet on rain if there's a NASCAR race.

And add:

ESPN for talking about the championship points shuffling up and NOT SHOWING THEM after the race like every other network always had and always does. :mad:

ESPN, Get the **** out of NASCAR. :mad::mad::mad:

I have to give it to Chad Knaus for misjudging their fuel mileage two races in a row at Michigan which caused them to run out of gas on the final few laps both times.

Alan Gustafson for telling Mark to gamble and knocking him to 12th and almost knocking him out of the Chase.

It would suck if Mark missed the Chase and Vickers made it in, because it's pretty obvious which driver has been better. Goes back to more points needing to be awarded for wins.

I'd go with Alan Gustafson and Chad Knaus for coming up short on fuel. Not a big issue for Jimmie, but I'd hate to see Martin get knocked out of the chase because of this.

I can't fault Busch or Vickers for what happened in the Nationwide race. That was just two guys fighting hard for the win. Besides, we got to see some much needed emotion in NASCAR!

Knaus, Letarte, and Gustafson combineda are my nomination. For once, the 88 team did something right.

How about David Ragan for not only crashing the 2 car, but trying to crash himself later.

Knaus, Letarte, and Gustafson combineda are my nomination. For once, the 88 team did something right.

FTR Letarte wanted Jeff to come in, knew he was 2 laps short. Jeff said no he saved enough, and he did.
Letarte does stuff like that all the time. Says he is doing something for pit strategy, then backs off and brings him back in. Props to Jeff for saying no it got him a solid second place :D

Wouldn't this actually be a mistake on Jimmie's part? Jeff Gordan made it across the line in the same car, engine, etc.

Jeff lost 9 positions on that last stop because they stuffed in more fuel. On the other hand Jimmie could of saved more if he wasn't protecting the lead maybe?

It's not NASCAR, but how about an honorable mention to SPEED for dropping the ball and not airing the conclusion of the Knoxville Nationals? :mad:

Early candidates:

Kyle Busch for not being happy about losing (because everyone expects NASCAR drivers to just ride around for points)

The Weather Channel for calling for no rain when common knowledge should tell you to bet on rain if there's a NASCAR race.

Since when do we combine the Nationwide race w/the Cup race? It looks kind of dumb to say that about Vickers when he won the Cup race. Actually, my husband told me they actually mentioned the NASCAR race on The Weather Channel and predicted there may be pop up showers.

I guess, I'll give it to Chad for doing it again. Kasey Kane has been a precipitator to a wreck the last few weeks. He sure ruined Montoya's day and he didn't help him any at the Glen either.

Then there's always Stremme. At least he didn't take out anyone at this race that I remember. :D

I'll have to go with Chad. All though after he didn't pit when most of the field did there wasn't a choice but to GO FOR IT.

It's not NASCAR, but how about an honorable mention to SPEED for dropping the ball and not airing the conclusion of the Knoxville Nationals? :mad:

:rolleyes: Andy, give it a rest...we all know you hate tv coverage. Buy a ststion so you can run and schedule everything YOU :rolleyes:want

The more I think about it, the more I think Martin's crew chief should get the nod. He should have taken the safe approach and had Mark run as fast as he can, then pit late. Instead, he has him lay back to save gas, run out on the track, and finish 31st. That may cause him to not make the Chase. At least Johnson is in the Chase.

The more I think about it, the more I think Martin's crew chief should get the nod. He should have taken the safe approach and had Mark run as fast as he can, then pit late. Instead, he has him lay back to save gas, run out on the track, and finish 31st. That may cause him to not make the Chase. At least Johnson is in the Chase.

I tend to agree with that.

Johnson might as well go for broke and be safe anyway...Martin, on the other hand, maybe should have played it a bit safer considering his standing in the points.

Yep, agree. Martin shouldn't have been put in the position of running out of gas. Good chance he will miss the chase because of it.

I hate these mileage races, and every year that's the story at MIS.
It's becoming more and more at other tracks too. Racing is racing and not about saving gas. Give them the 22 gallon tank back.

Early candidates:

I thought brad was full time nationwide before part time cup? He took advanage of two full time cup drivers farting around.

Early candidates:

Make up your freakin mind.First you wear out these boards if a CUP regular wins a NATIONWIDE race.Now you call Vickers and your man-bride boneheads because they DIDN'T win the NATIONWIDE race.:eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom