Bonehead of the Week: Short Track Edition

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
PASS, telling a paying fan he could not post updates during the race on his Facebook page. Then, when they got called out by "The Orange Cone" on Twitter, they decided to defend their policies.

Some tracks and series refuse to move into the social media age. It's 2014 but they act like it's 1980. There is a PR person for a track here in east TN who once said he wished no one would talk about racing on social media. HE'S THE PR PERSON and he hates social media. Just think about that.

Some tracks and series refuse to move into the social media age. It's 2014 but they act like it's 1980. There is a PR person for a track here in east TN who once said he wished no one would talk about racing on social media. HE'S THE PR PERSON and he hates social media. Just think about that.

Wow.

Logic has no place in a discussion about PASS. A couple years ago, when all this started at the All American, Matt Weaver lit them up.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/11/13/3637944/pass-late-model-series-short-tracks-social-media

They let us do updates for about a year and a half or so then axed that and prohibits media, and now fans, from posting updates on Twitter. It's dumb.

Someone needs to give me a racetrack....

I don't understand why some people involved in racing hate social media so much. I currently do the facebook updates and some other stuff for a track and it's an awesome job.

Langley Speedway and Southern National Motorsports Park stream their races live, on the internet, for free. Both tracks saw an INCREASE in attendance this year. There are countless other examples of this. This archaic logic just does not work anymore.

Langley Speedway and Southern National Motorsports Park stream their races live, on the internet, for free. Both tracks saw an INCREASE in attendance this year. There are countless other examples of this. This archaic logic just does not work anymore.

If you know of any free streams of any racing tonight pass it on!!

yeah tell me about it/ I got banned by 'he who died' for life from iow for making suggestions and constructive crits for local tracks/ the last of which was suggesting a track owner consider spreading horse manure on his track and integrating it into the soil (i remember track owners doing such back in the day before dry slicks and dust) I guess 'he who died' was never a farmer

Back
Top Bottom