Bonehead of the week: Texas

MRM

Team Owner
I didn't see the Xfinity race, so I can't comment on that. Not sure who I will go with in the Cup race. There is Austin Dillon's team that did whatever they did to the truck arms that caused him to miss the first 11 or 12 laps of the race. There is Ryan Blaney's crew chief for leaving him out toward the end of stage 2 when it was obvious most cars were coming into the pits. There is NASCAR for allowing so many teams not to qualify for the race. I see a trend here.

Blaney for not pitting during that caution a few laps from the end of the second segment and then smashing in the right side of his car when he retaliated against Corey Lajoie.

Edit: he also slid through his pit box on one of the last 2 stops.

Whoever picked a pit box for Blaney between two elite drivers when he had outside pole. Seriously, you always pick the box in front of the garage opening (or the pit entry box), unless box one is available.

Blaney for not pitting during that caution a few laps from the end of the second segment and then smashing in the right side of his car when he retaliated against Corey Lajoie.

Those stage points looked pretty damned attractive. I totally get staying out and collecting those. I'm with you on the BK stuff tho

Yeah definitely hind sight on the 21 crew. If they would have pitted towards the end of the segment there would have been a good chance they the rest would have followed. At worse he'd be 6th at the restart. With the car he had he probably could have gotten back up to 3rd for the green/white.

The 21 team for placing more importance on winning battles instead of the war and for screwing up on pit road
You realize that the 21 scored more points than the 48?
Winning and being top 5 in the stages makes the points add up.

I think the poster was referring to winning stages as the battles versus winning races as the war.

Exactly. Winning battles is great but winning the war is all that really matters.

You realize that the 21 scored more points than the 48?
Winning and being top 5 in the stages makes the points add up.

I don't follow the points or even know how they work as I just watch each race and whatever driver takes the last checkered flag is the big winner. IDK if Blaney will be in the year end lottery but I know, as Steve Letarte would say, JJ punched his ticket yesterday.

Didn't the 48 and 42 stay out on the last segment as well? Seems like a winning strategy to me. Blaney's issue was his last pit stop with 30 or so to go.

Surprised no one has mentioned Austin Dillons crew for not catching their problem prior to the race.

Back
Top Bottom