Bonehead of the week: Watkins Glen

MRM

Team Owner
Not a lot of candidates from either series as both races were fairly clean. But my pick goes to A.J. Allmendinger for his pit road goof in the Xfinity race. Was the car to beat, had the lead and went over the line in his pit box to get a penalty. He came back to finish 3rd, but would have easily won the race.

I would say a shared bonehead - whatever happened to cause the mayhem on pit road (I missed most of it) and did that impact the #18 car pitting for little or no fuel.

That Rutledge Wood goomer thinking a thru-the-legs roll was a good idea.....hot dog, no relish.

Does anyone actually like this guy?
I guess MTJ has to like him for resurrecting his career... Was Pearn the same one that called Logano a "squinty eyed douche?" (Too lazy to google before posting)

Resurrected Martin's career?
IMHO, yes. Martin was hanging on to a ride by a thread and started winning again with Pearn. Pearn is the mad scientist who took the alliance with JGR and Toyota and turned it into the dominant car last year. Again, just my opinion/observation.

I'll nominate Hambone's pit stop and Cole Pearn's tweet about... #redneckjesus V2.0. From his position as reigning champion and still a dominate team, Cole Pearn continues to act like a prick, needlessly insulting a competitor and many Nascar fans, again.

As for the 22 and Todd Gordon ordering the car to the garage... no harm, no foul. I don't believe the team could have replaced the oil cooler in the pits within the 5-minute crash clock and returned to the race. Their day was done either way, I strongly suspect. (It's still surprising that Gordon would not know the rules for that situation, if that is what actually happened.)

Why would Pearn post that?

Man, I guess someone was upset after his call for Truex to PUSH Elloitt earlier in the race. Not to mention, Pearn thought Elloitt was going to run out of fuel first. The ****iness is okay, but not only did he miss his calculation and pushed too soon... Pearn is the bonehead of the week.

Back
Top Bottom