Bonehead of the week

MRM

Team Owner
Maybe we need to do a Bonehead of the Week award every week. If we did, we have two good candidates this week, both from the Nationwide race.

Candidate #1: Kevin Lapage, for his boneheaded move of pulling out in front of the lead pack going 80 MPH slower than the pack. I expected that from a rookie.

Candidate #2: Larry Gunselman, for that hit Dario Franchitti that broke his ankle. The guy was 8-10 seconds behind the wreck and had more than enough time to slow down, but was running WFO when he hit him.

Cast your vote now.

Maybe we need to do a Bonehead of the Week award every week. If we did, we have two good candidates this week, both from the Nationwide race.

Candidate #1: Kevin Lapage, for his boneheaded move of pulling out in front of the lead pack going 80 MPH slower than the pack. I expected that from a rookie.

Candidate #2: Larry Gunselman, for that hit Dario Franchitti that broke his ankle. The guy was 8-10 seconds behind the wreck and had more than enough time to slow down, but was running WFO when he hit him.

Cast your vote now.

Make this a poll MRM.

I elect candidate 3, NASCAR, for ruining what would've been a NASCAR Classic.

Did Lepage ever come to grips that he caused a big wreck, or is he still in the land of denial?

Did Lepage ever come to grips that he caused a big wreck, or is he still in the land of denial?

Here's Lepage's "apology"
http://www.thatsracin.com/topstories/story/13467.html

Lepage offers apology after accident during Saturday's race
DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer
Sunday, Apr. 27, 2008
After looking at replays of a multicar crash in Saturday's Nationwide Series race, driver Kevin Lepage issued a letter of apology on Sunday.

"I caused 'The Big One,' " Lepage said. "I realize I need to apologize to NASCAR, the car owners, my fellow competitors and most importantly the fans. I made a huge driver error by blending onto the race track in the wrong area.

"This caused a multi-car accident and changed the outcome of the race for many teams. I'm so thankful that no one was hurt considering the number of cars involved. In over 25 years of racing this was the biggest mistake I've ever made behind the wheel of a stock car and I promise that it will not happen again.

"It is such a terrible feeling knowing that NASCAR, the car owners, fellow competitors and NASCAR fans think this was a 'bonehead' move and I certainly don't want anyone thinking of me in these terms. Speaking yesterday before reviewing the tapes of the accident made me look like a heel and there is not a single person to blame for this huge mistake except myself."

I'm sure the drivers involved feel soooo much better. NOT !!

I think the apology came after Lepage's PR guy told him that he better come up with something if he ever wants to sit in a racecar again...

You got that right. He said he was following orders, then had all the ESPN people say that was not what the drivers were told. Common sense should say don't drive in front of the lead pack when you're 80 MPH slower than they are.

I like he idea of a "bonehead of the week" I'm sure we'll have several candidates every weekend.
My vote this weekend goes to LePage.

Cast your vote now.
I'll give it to Lapage.

MRM, I think that since you came up with this idea, you should be the one to post the new pole after each race. :)

I love the "bonehead of the week" idea. LePage surely wins this week.

Definitely LePage. I think many "things" factor into his apology. The crap he heard from other drivers, fans, TV announcers, PR rep, realizing he WAS a bonehead....... LOL Take your pick. I bet his wife wasn't pleased when he said he was doing what she said when he DID NOT. She was staying "stay down" and he went up. D'oh. I was kind of suprised to hear it was his wife since when they played was she was saying on the radio, I didn't pick up it was a woman talking.

Great idea. I know there's at LEAST one, ok, there's way more, but someone can definitely be the biggest bonehead of the week. :D

Definitely LePage. I think many "things" factor into his apology. The crap he heard from other drivers, fans, TV announcers, PR rep, realizing he WAS a bonehead....... LOL Take your pick. I bet his wife wasn't pleased when he said he was doing what she said when he DID NOT. She was staying "stay down" and he went up. D'oh. I was kind of suprised to hear it was his wife since when they played was she was saying on the radio, I didn't pick up it was a woman talking.

Great idea. I know there's at LEAST one, ok, there's way more, but someone can definitely be the biggest bonehead of the week. :D
his wife is his spotter?

That would be a good house to play fly on the wall in...

That was his wife? I would have never figured that after listening to the audio on NASCAR Now last night. In her defense, she was telling him to stay down.

That was his wife? I would have never figured that after listening to the audio on NASCAR Now last night. In her defense, she was telling him to stay down.

That's nothing, my wife tells me that all the time... :confused:

Yeah same here. I thought it sounded like a guy. Then when he was saying it wasn't his fault he said my spotter... "he...she..." and I also read articles saying she was his spotter. She WAS telling him to stay down. I think they could use some Sharpies on his hands/gloves and write DOWN and UP so he'll know where to go. LOL

Does your wife use Sharpies for you BP? LMAO

Well if you listen to her she'd say she had to draw me a frigging map...

MRM, I think that since you came up with this idea, you should be the one to post the new pole after each race. :)

I'll try my best. I usually don't see all of the Nationwide races. And with the next few races being on Saturday nights, I'll be at one of my area tracks and will DVR the race and watch them on Sunday. So it may be Monday before I come up with anything.

Well if you listen to her she'd say she had to draw me a frigging map...

Don't feel bad, BP. Most men need them. It's just most women want to let them believe they're great. That is, until you're married for a while and finally think... "Dammit... enough of this crap. Get it right man or go take care of yourself and quit bothering me!!!!" My husband swears I've said some things to him I have no memory of... heh heh. ;) :D :lol2:

I'll try my best. I usually don't see all of the Nationwide races. And with the next few races being on Saturday nights, I'll be at one of my area tracks and will DVR the race and watch them on Sunday. So it may be Monday before I come up with anything.

Whenever you can get to it, MRM. Are we doing Cup as well as Nationwide? Oh wait, once they get to Cup, they don't do bone-headed moves. :rolleyes: :owquitit: :boxing: :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom