Bowl Games

A

ajk112802

It's "Bowl Week" on ESPN Networks with the big 5 airing on Fox and ABC next week. Anyone watching? Some of the games feature good match ups.
The Holiday Bowl last night, which was supposed to be a good match up, had a bizarre play where UT's Coach Brown's stepson touched a ball while it was still in play, thus causing UT to be penalized. It didn't really matter though, the Longhorns were in control of the game from the start.

It's "Bowl Week" on ESPN Networks with the big 5 airing on Fox and ABC next week. Anyone watching? Some of the games feature good match ups.
The Holiday Bowl last night, which was supposed to be a good match up, had a bizarre play where UT's Coach Brown's stepson touched a ball while it was still in play, thus causing UT to be penalized. It didn't really matter though, the Longhorns were in control of the game from the start.

Do you think he touched it? From the replays it looked like he was about 3 inches from the ball before it bounced the other way. But anyways...that little episode took about 10minures for the refs to figure out what down and where to place the ball.

Do you think he touched it? From the replays it looked like he was about 3 inches from the ball before it bounced the other way. But anyways...that little episode took about 10minures for the refs to figure out what down and where to place the ball.

I personally didn't think he touched it but "the powers that be" felt he did. I'm very glad for his sake that it really had no impact in the outcome of the game.

It looked to me like he may have touched it because the spin of the ball changed. But, like the talking heads said, you really need a shot from the reverse side to be sure.
I was hoping AZ would win as I can't stand Mack...

GO BLUE!!
Congrats to Michigan! No one gave them a chance to top ex-champs Florida, but they did :D

Might be a bit early yet, but it doesn't look like Hawaii is as good as they might have thought they were. I'm about ready to hit the rack since the game doesn't look all that good right now. Now I'm hoping tomorrow night will be a lot better than the Fiesta Bowl was last year. Go Sooners!

Well, I agree about Hiawii. Sure they WERE undefeated but look who they played???? Very overrated team.

I finally returned to work today. I've been off since 12/22. I've watched so much college football my eyeballs started to bleed. All the teams have run together and I'd having a hard time telling you who played who much less who won. I did wave the white flag last night ~11:30 as 6:30 comes pretty early in these parts and as its been said the game was all but decided...

The game I have been looking forward to for quite a while is tonight's game between West Virginia and Oklahoma. I think the game would have been a lot better if WV's coach hadn't already decided to bail on them to go to Michigan. That will certainly hurt the Mountaineers chances. Oklahoma has been playing very well, but then there has been several weeks since they last played as well.

I am thinking "How did they get in the Sugar Bowl?"

You tell me and I'll tell you and then we'll both know (JK)

I'm a FSU fan and I just have to say the stunk more than ever :(

I personally would have liked to have seen Georgia play the media darlings USC and Illinois play Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. I think that would have made better games all the way around.
Man, West Virginia handled OSU! I was surprised!

I personally would have liked to have seen Georgia play the media darlings USC and Illinois play Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. I think that would have made better games all the way around.
Man, West Virginia handled OSU! I was surprised!

I think you are right about those being much better games.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how badly WVU beat up Oklahoma. I am a big fan of WVU as most of my family is from there. But I didn't think they would do that well without their regular head coach. I guess I was wrong. That was a great game to watch. :beerbang:

Let me pose a question to some of you that has come up on some of the Sports boards I visit. Do you pull for your Conference in the bowl games or for the other guy.
For me I usually pull for the other guy. The school that's playing in the bowl game could be direct competition in recruiting. So if them losing hurts their recruiting chances for a player we're both after then so much the better. And, even if them losing causes that 5* or 4* player to go out of conference to another school at least he's someone my team won't be facing for 4 years.
But, some think they should pull for their conference. That their conference having a good showing rubs off on them and makes the lot of them look good.
Anyways, I'd be interested in how you feel...

That is a good question. I was really torn while watching the Flordia / Michigan game. I don't like Tebow, Flordia has always been a rival of Tennessee, but they were still a SEC team.

BP I pull for the team not the conference. It's hard for me to pull for any team other than OU or of course, Wake Forest. It pained me to no end to see the Sooners lose their fourth bowl game in a row, but such is life. That Mizzou won or Texas, or Texas A&M or if Kansas wins doesn't matter to me one whit. I will say that if Kansas was playing Texas, I'd have to pull for KU...I was born in that state. :) Probably the only time I would pull for UT would be if they were playing Alex Karas' University of Mars, but I'd have to think about that hard and fast. :) Oh yeah, UT over Nebraska, but only by one point.

Okay all you Texans, I'm outta here. :)

I can say I do neither, I pull for the team I want to see win, or should I say I pull against the team I want to see loose. I'm like tkj, I don't like Tebow or Urban Meyer but I can never root for Michigan. So I just wanted to see Michigan loose.
I went to the Cotton Bowl, a buddy of mine an Arkansas graduate and I went with him, didn't really root for either team I just wanted to see a good ballgame and didn't get to. Razorbacks got their asses handed to them by Mizzou!!

Go UGA, OU, KU...no wait, those teams aren't playing. Hmmm, I'm watching this game right now, but if one team or the other begins to pull away, I'm outta here. This year there are so many teams that had records and reputations that should have allowed them to compete for this game, but it just isn't so. I know that my Sooners did the usual thing of late and lost their bowl game, but one of these two teams will do the same thing. UGA and KU might have, if given a chance, beaten either LUS or OSU. Neither will be given a chance and so the champs will be either the Buckeyes or the Tigers. Ooooookeydockey. Sutuational normal, all screwed up (SNASU).

NOTE to all Buckeye fans, come on over to my table here in Soonerland and we can comiserate together. Believe me when I tell you, I fill your pain! :(

Not sure if this should go here, a new post or where but I just heard on the radio that Columbus OH is about to get a new area code. 049. That's tOSU's record against SEC teams... 0 for 9, get it? do ya? huh? huh?
Even lowly Univ South Carolina holds 2 victories against the mighty Buckeyes in bowl games. And, I think USC has only been to 10 or so bowls their teams have been so bad...

Back
Top Bottom