BowL Mania Thread

• Thread starter GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN
  • Start date
G

GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN

Thought about starting a general Bowl thread since the meat of the Bowl Schedule is coming to fruition. Tada!!

I am a Big college football fan, and while some people haved said most of these games are meaningless, I beg to differ. This is the very last chance to watch college football until August of next year, so it's time to get my fix. I just hate that I introduced my 2.5 year old apple of my eye to her first pistacio. Now I have to share my bowl with her and her brother.

Air Force destoyed Houston, beating them like a drum with that awesome Spread option attack. I love their offense, kind of similar to Georgia Techs. Nothing better than watching a well ran option attack.

Now second place Heisman man Gerhart looks to run all over the Sooners. He is a runningback stud.

Can someone please tell CBS and ESPN to knock it off with the fluff pieces?

I'd rather watch the cheerleaders and listen to the marching bands.

No kick return interference, "fumble recovered by Stanford"... :bsflag:

That was the worst call in the history of college sports. Good job refs.:rolleyes:

Well, crank the bus and head out of Ole Elpaso, Soooners win.

I tell you, get into one of the fantasy football pools and it makes you do funny thing, like pull for teams you do not care for like Oklahoma. Kicker screwed me up, I needed 7 points dernet.

Well, crank the bus and head out of Ole Elpaso, Soooners win.

I tell you, get into one of the fantasy football pools and it makes you do funny thing, like pull for teams you do not care for like Oklahoma. Kicker screwed me up, I needed 7 points dernet.

What puzzles me is how Oklahoma even got into a bowl game with their record. Nowadays almost any team can be in a bowl.

What puzzles me is how Oklahoma even got into a bowl game with their record. Nowadays almost any team can be in a bowl.

Too many bowl games, and those bowl games need to fill seats and hotel rooms. So a mediocre Sooner or South Carolina with six win six losses and fans travel well to support their team gets them in a bowl.

Way to go Navy and Air Force!!!

Let get ready for Wacko Lane Kiffen and the Hokies squaring off in the Peach Bowl( now the Chick Fila bowl).

Yeah, they did have a pretty lousy record, but they did beat a top 25 team. Not bad for a team that was riddle by injuries. Maybe they can do a bit better next year. Think Penn State can beat Iowa next year? :cool:

The traditionally biggest bowl day is upon us. A New Years Day bowl bid has been a big prize for teams to shoot for for as long as I can remember. Now, several of the major bowls are played after NYD. I'm pretty excited to watch the Rose Bowl. It's not really too intriguing of a matchup, but I am a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan.

I am mildly curious to see if Cincinnati can make a game of it against Florida in Tim Tebow's last college game. It would be incredible if they could actually beat Florida, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (or the "kids table bowl" they should call it since that is where they sent Boise State and TCU instead of letting them play BCS schools) could be a good game.

I also plan on watching the Gator Bowl since I am a big Florida State fan. There is no way I could miss Bobby Bowden's last game. FSU was 6-6 this year and in no way deserved a New years Day bowl berth, but as stated earlier that isn't the honor it used to be. I also really like West Virginia and have a feeling they might just blow Florida State out, but you never know.

The BS championship game could be interesting too, although I kind of expect Alabama to win the game convincingly.

Now if there was a playoff system, I would be glued to the tv for every game of it.

i'm looking forward to watching as many bowl games as i can but have a big problem. been trying to figure a way to get the wife to go visit relatives/friends whatever so i don't get interrupted. some people always choose the most inappropriate times to "just talk." <g>

Penn State beats LSU. Good exciting game and it reminded me of the old days of football...outside on real grass.

Penn State beats LSU. Good exciting game and it reminded me of the old days of football...outside on real grass.

Amen, buck. Loved the slush, slop, and splash.

I counted up all the bowl games from start to finish on next Thursday ---39! Is there a college team that DOESN'T play in a bowl game?

Amen, buck. Loved the slush, slop, and splash.

I counted up all the bowl games from start to finish on next Thursday ---39! Is there a college team that DOESN'T play in a bowl game?
39 would make 78 teams and there are some 120 + teams in Div 1A. If you count the Div AA teams and their playoff games, well let's just say that if you don't play in a bowl game, your team sucks. ;)

39 would make 78 teams and there are some 120 + teams in Div 1A. If you count the Div AA teams and their playoff games, well let's just say that if you don't play in a bowl game, your team sucks. ;)

The bowl games were much better when it was just the Cotton, Orange,Rose,Fiesta , and a few others . Now it is all about money not football, most of the games suck too. I'm going to watch the national championship game, that's the only one that could be interesting if there is an upset.

The bowl games were much better when it was just the Cotton, Orange,Rose,Fiesta , and a few others . Now it is all about money not football, most of the games suck too. I'm going to watch the national championship game, that's the only one that could be interesting if there is an upset.
I'm sorry but I don't agree. Yes, those good old days were something to look forward to, but now more fans have the ability to watch their teams in post season games.

Heck, it has always been about the money. However, the games may actually be better now. We get to see all the good teams play.

btw, years ago it used to be the Cotton, Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Gator bowls as the big ones.

There are way too many bowl games just to have a bowl game. There needs to be an 8 team play off foremat for the national champioship. Almost 40 bowl games, it's rediculous, like i said it is all about the money. The national championship won't be decided until Jan 7, get it over with all ready, takes way too long and is drawn out. I guess I'm in the minority here, but i think it has hurt college football.

Well, I can say I had a great day football wise yesterday.

First, Florida State won Bobby Bowden's final game and it was a very good, exciting game.

Then, Ohio State beat Oregon in a very close, exciting game. They mauled them on defense and really opened up the offense just enough to outscore a very potent Oregon defense. Terrelle Pryor had an absolutely great game. He made enough big plays with his arm and, as usual, with his legs to make up for some inaccuracy. I just love watching that kid play football. He is so good at breaking tackles and he always ends up making several more yards than it looks like he will. He is really fast, allegedly clocked at 4.34 in the 40, but he is also 6'6" and weighs 235 lbs.

I was a little disappointed in Cincinnati's performance. I hoped they would make it a much closer game, but I kind of figured they wouldn't. Notre Dame already stole their coach after the regular season and Florida is an awful good team. I am happy for Tim Tebow though. He had a phenomenal game, going 31-35 for 482 yards and 3 tds with 1 int, if I remember correctly. That was a nice way for him to wrap up a great career.

What a shelacking by the Florida Tebows. I wished the S.E.C. could get a lot better competition in the Sugar Bowl. I know Bama got beat last year by Utah, but these BCS buster teams usaually don't stack up against the S.E.C.
First Hawaii getting pounded by Georgia, now Cincinnati GOT theirs yesterday.

No more bowls till the Orange Monday, really cannot wait till Thursday.

Bama and Texas for the almost National Championship.

It's Fiesta time for the redheaded stepchilds of the B.C.S.

I have T.C.U. winning big, but Boise State will be looking for revenge after last years 1 point Poinsettia Bowl loss.

Get the Tostitos ready, I like the hint of lime Tostitos myself.

What a shelacking by the Florida Tebows. I wished the S.E.C. could get a lot better competition in the Sugar Bowl. I know Bama got beat last year by Utah, but these BCS buster teams usaually don't stack up against the S.E.C.
First Hawaii getting pounded by Georgia, now Cincinnati GOT theirs yesterday.

No more bowls till the Orange Monday, really cannot wait till Thursday.

Bama and Texas for the almost National Championship.

Bama should be ashamed losing to Utah. :D doesn't say much for the SEC. :)

At least it won't be that big a shame when Texas beats them. :beerbang:

Bama should be ashamed losing to Utah. :D doesn't say much for the SEC. :)

At least it won't be that big a shame when Texas beats them. :beerbang:

The sun shines on a dogs ass every once and a while...

It was barrassin that Utah won, but that was still a different team. I believe a more well prepared, focused team will be on the field Thursday, Roll Tide.

Bama will mess with Texas, Tusk 'em Tide!!!

and tomorrow it's all over until next football season...bummer. :( hope we get a good game, which i think we will.

So this is it, the BCS Championship.

I hope Texas makes a game out of this, but I have a feeling Alabama will blow them out.

My prediction: Alabama 45, Texas 21

This is a great game... if you're an Alabama fan.
yawn.gif

I'm watching Sports Soup on Versus now. That's far more entertaining than this snoozefest.

Congratulations Alabama fans (true and bandwagon).

Longhorn fans, I feel for you. Now you know how us Sooner fans felt in the first game of the season. It's clear that Texas will have a very difficult time winning this game if they do. It's half time at this writing and I don't think that Texas has completed any passes, at least not since their first possession. Would love to stay up and see the end of this, but it probably won't be over before midnight my time. Gotta work tomorrow.

LOL at Brent Musburger.

They had a streaker run out on the field and Musburger says, "Security will be called to remove an idiot." :XXROFL:

ROLL TIDE ROLL, 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

It wasn't pretty, but a wins a win. Defense wins championships.

Longhorns played a tough second half, kudos for not giving up.

Back
Top Bottom