Bowyers hanging it up...

NbCsN could use the help not FOX, oh well, really looking forward to next year. I think Clint is like shades of Benny, and Buddy and he will age well in that position.
Agreed. The current Fox booth is tolerable but NBC needs to be completely revised. Jr is usually pretty good but he and Bowyer would be too chaotic together.

Fox: Joy and Bowyer, NBC: Jr and Gordon would be a decent compromise. 3 in the booth is too many

Bowyer to the booth is a good move. Cant wait to hear his jokes.

good for clint. saw him race his modified at my hometown track many many years ago. always been a fan. kind of wondering if there will ever be another racer in nascar with his sense of humor and outlook on life.

Michael Waltrip 2.0.

Between the fans loving Bowyer's personality and the way Fox News and Fox Sports are all about their personalities, I'm afraid the broadcasts will become all about Clint Bowyer's antics and not the racing.

Michael Waltrip 2.0.

Between the fans loving Bowyer's personality and the way Fox News and Fox Sports are all about their personalities, I'm afraid the broadcasts will become all about Clint Bowyer's antics and not the racing.
He's actually a pretty good analyst tbh.

When he actually speaks about the racing aspect, Clint is pretty good at it. Maybe not the level of Kurt Busch or Harvick, but he holds his own very well.

He's actually a pretty good analyst tbh.

When he actually speaks about the racing aspect, Clint is pretty good at it. Maybe not the level of Kurt Busch or Harvick, but he holds his own very well.

Darrell Waltrip was a very good analyst in his early years.

It's more Fox Sports than Clint Bowyer I'm worried about. After a few years, the coverage with DW became about DW's antics, the ****** gopher, the personalities in the booth and Mikey. NBC is so bad right now that people have forgotten how awful Fox was from 2008-2016.

I'm excited to have Clint in the booth. DW had a great personality for it imo and Clint is similar. He's has a more clever type of goofy humor than the cheesy stuff you get out of guys like rut.

Darrell Waltrip was a very good analyst in his early years.

It's more Fox Sports than Clint Bowyer I'm worried about. After a few years, the coverage with DW became about DW's antics, the ****** gopher, the personalities in the booth and Mikey. NBC is so bad right now that people have forgotten how awful Fox was from 2008-2016.
My biggest gripe with Fox is that they're obsessed with gimmicks - the embedded cam that gave rise to Digger, the wire-suspended cam that stopped a race, zoom cameras, endlessly repeated (often useless) graphics, etc.

Don't kid yourselves; if Fox covered the second half of the season, they'd be all about playoff implications and Chase standings and 'points as they run now' too.

Don't worry about another Digger antic, at least for a good while. Clint is the perfect compliment to the smooth/articulate Jeff Gordon and the pro's pro play by play of Mike Joy. It will take some time to work out chemistry and timing, but the best Cup coverage just got much better.

Why NBC still clings to their overstocked clubhouse is beyond me. My Rx for a cure? Rick Allen remains because he's their guy (decent announcer with good voice...just plays too syrupy on manufactured drama). Say adios to Burton. Send Steve permanently to pit road where he can report when needed, which is his strength among multiple weaknesses. Junior is color analyst along with a driver to be named later. New addition to three man booth must NOT have a high tenor whiney voice. I cannot distinguish Burton, JR or Letarte.

My biggest gripe with Fox is that they're obsessed with gimmicks - the embedded cam that gave rise to Digger, the wire-suspended cam that stopped a race, zoom cameras, endlessly repeated (often useless) graphics, etc.

Don't kid yourselves; if Fox covered the second half of the season, they'd be all about playoff implications and Chase standings and 'points as they run now' too.
no bleeping way. The two of them have more brain cells than the collective of the 4 that are in the NBC booth. Sure we would get updates, but not the freakin play by play of a bottom backmarker with 350 laps to go yet in the race. This is flat digging for drama, it isn't racing announcing

You all hate fun, Digger was great

Looking forward to hearing Clint during the races. He may act the fool sometimes but he's a sharp fellow and he also knew it was time to get out of the car whether the move was encouraged or not.
You all hate fun, Digger was great
I was so glad when that went away.

Don't know about Bowyer to the booth. I like having a beer and listening to him, but not so much into beers for 4 hours.

I think Clint was made for the booth. Certainly has the energy and personality for it. And knowledgeable to boot.

Hopefully FOX doesn’t turn him into a gerbil.

New addition to three man booth must NOT have a high tenor whiney voice. I cannot distinguish Burton, JR or Letarte.

If you constantly hear comments ''corner entrance/exit'' it's Burton.
SLIDE JOB! SLIDE JOB! that's Jr.
Useless trivial stuff, Letarte

I though the tone Sunday was quite subdued compared to their usual drival.

Back
Top Bottom