Brad Keselowski Racing To Close After 2017 Season

Yahoo Sports article.

“The Truck Series is truly special to me given my family’s ties to the history of the sport, and this decision comes with much contemplation. But, for a number of reasons, and as I plan for the long-term future, I’ve decided not to field a team in 2018,” Brad Keselowski said in a press release.

“The team has also provided me with meaningful experience as a team owner,” Keselowski said. “I’ve never made it a secret that I would eventually like to be an owner at the top-level of the sport. And, while this is many years down the line, I want to start to prepare for that possibility now. Part of that preparation is seeking to develop an advanced engineering and manufacturing company that would be housed out of our 78,000 square foot facility in Statesville and ultimately help to support this vision.”

Boy that sucks they are closing and I won't be watching the truck series after this year. I also hope Briscoe ends up with a Ford team in the xfinity series....

Boy that sucks they are closing and I won't be watching the truck series after this year. I also hope Briscoe ends up with a Ford team in the xfinity series....
Hopefully Cooper Standard is willing to sponsor a full season for Penske. I'd have to think sponsoring one car for a full Xfinity season is cheaper than sponsoring two trucks for a full season.

The Fords this year are similar to the Dodges of years ago pretty much unsponsored by the factory. They are so far ahead in truck sales might be a reason for underfunding. Take out Kez two trucks and there are a couple of three back markers running Fords. Chevy's aren't far behind. Toyota has KBM heavily fortified by Toyota and Gibbs, and a four truck team of Thorsport that doesn't have the sponsorship of KBM but has some pretty good help. Toyota has outspent the rest. It is what it is. They might back off, or maybe it will become the Toyota IROC series now.:D:p

The Truck Series' days are numbered. Brad pulling his team. GMS likely leaving for Cup. KB has threatened to pull his team.

The field is already half start and parks. It's too expensive to run this series, and the schedule is too comprised of big aero dependent tracks.

NASCAR will continue to ignore the issues that besiege this division until it disappears completely.

Another sad day for the Truck Series, but Brad's gotta keep his accountants happy.

From Brad's blog entry about this news...

"As far as the BKR facility goes, it’s going to play a key role in a new business endeavor I’m planning to undertake. I’m not ready to announce what we’re doing, but I’m a big believer in manufacturing, especially advanced manufacturing. We’re looking at developing a new technology that will be relevant to motorsports, and to the broader marketplace, too. Stay tuned."

I am grateful,like many true race, fans that Brad gave back to his roots in truck racing. As someone posted the manufacturers are not interested in this series as they sell the trucks pretty easily even with the over inflated price tags.
Can't really blame Brad for not wanting to run trucks in the Kyle/Toyota Series. :D:D:D

Well damn that sucks. Not really a Brad fan but we need all the top teams in the series we can have.

I am grateful,like many true race, fans that Brad gave back to his roots in truck racing. As someone posted the manufacturers are not interested in this series as they sell the trucks pretty easily even with the over inflated price tags.
Can't really blame Brad for not wanting to run trucks in the Kyle/Toyota Series. :D:D:D

Toyota having a hissy fit when they have discussions about cutting costs with composite bodies and spec engines. Starting to make more sense for that and to go back to half time pit stops like back in the day to loose the cup pit crews. Composite bodies take the wind tunnel and body tweaking out of the equation, and spec motors give the lower funded trucks competitive horse power. Go back to the super truck series format with more short tracks and half time pit stops, or finagle the stages to work somehow.

In the next year, or two, will the arca race move to the Friday night before the 500, the duels, or do they leave the schedule open?

From what I've witnessed, they get more people doing the driving experience and ride along, than what shows up for the truck and xfinity race. May as well have a week of fan experiences the likes of which the NFL will never match.

Dont see how going to short tracks helps this series. Trucks put on great shows a the bigger tracks and I'm not a big fan of short track racing. I'd rather they continue following Cup and putting on better shows.

I believe the truck series was great racing UNTIL Nascar brought them to the big tracks.
Trucks are for short tracks and off road racing.

The Trucks are just like everything else NASCAR has done. Overpriced and overly expanded to the point that it is no longer sustainable. It's not 2004 anymore. The old days are gone. Until NASCAR gets their heads out of their azzholes, and Brain's out of his mountain of coke, the slow death will continue.

Toyota invested in the series. The others didn't. A shame.
The real shame: The withdrawal for the Kyle Douche ego trip at companion events leaves a zero balance.

That isn't what they signed up for. NASCAR made them endure rough early years. Why should it be easier for manufacturers who don't want to invest?

a little slow on the uptake, the other two major players aren't "investing" as you call it. They don't think it is worth doing. So there are three choices, not have a Truck series, reduce the expenses, or make it the Toyota IROC series because neither of the other two major players aren't playing..

A crate motor away from the series being done.

Probably one of the few ways to save the series. It isnt the Toyota series, it is a development series not the Toyota king maker series.

One that should be more about attracting more new owners, and a diversity of drivers.At this point I could care less the brand. We need more teams with a chance to win every week, like 30 plus solid entries showing up.

There should be more options.
And the crate motor is a real solid for making those things happen.

Dont see how going to short tracks helps this series. Trucks put on great shows a the bigger tracks and I'm not a big fan of short track racing. I'd rather they continue following Cup and putting on better shows.

Deepest sympathy, you have really have missed something incredible if you dont get short tracks.

Back
Top Bottom