Brad Keselowski - The Business Jet Traveler

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
20160621tg00310.jpg

Stock-car driver Brad Keselowski has climbed to his sport’s challenging peaks, cranking out top-place finishes and wins for Team Penske. He has won races in each of NASCAR’s three national series and, last July, he came out on top in the Coke Zero 400—his first victory at Daytona International Speedway, as well as the Penske team’s 100th cup win. Now in his sixth season with that team, he has also launched his own truck-racing team, Brad Keselowski Racing.

Keselowski, who began his NASCAR career in 2004 at age 20, was born into a racing family. His father Bob raced trucks in the Camping World Truck Series and his uncle Ron drove in NASCAR Cup Series races in the 1970s. From an early age, Keselowski came to understand a fundamental truth of car racing: besides driving at the track, you may have to spend a lot of time on the road getting from one event to another.

These days, however, more and more racers avoid that grind by employing business aviation, and Keselowski is no exception. Five years ago, he bought a Bombardier Learjet 45 that he bases in Statesville, North Carolina, near where he now lives with his girlfriend and baby daughter. The aircraft gets a thorough workout flying Keselowski, his family, and his colleagues all over the U.S. during the 36-weekend racing season each year.

Read the rest here.....

http://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/brad-keselowski

20160621tg00606-5.jpg

20160621tg00310.jpg

Stock-car driver Brad Keselowski has climbed to his sport’s challenging peaks, cranking out top-place finishes and wins for Team Penske. He has won races in each of NASCAR’s three national series and, last July, he came out on top in the Coke Zero 400—his first victory at Daytona International Speedway, as well as the Penske team’s 100th cup win. Now in his sixth season with that team, he has also launched his own truck-racing team, Brad Keselowski Racing.

Keselowski, who began his NASCAR career in 2004 at age 20, was born into a racing family. His father Bob raced trucks in the Camping World Truck Series and his uncle Ron drove in NASCAR Cup Series races in the 1970s. From an early age, Keselowski came to understand a fundamental truth of car racing: besides driving at the track, you may have to spend a lot of time on the road getting from one event to another.

These days, however, more and more racers avoid that grind by employing business aviation, and Keselowski is no exception. Five years ago, he bought a Bombardier Learjet 45 that he bases in Statesville, North Carolina, near where he now lives with his girlfriend and baby daughter. The aircraft gets a thorough workout flying Keselowski, his family, and his colleagues all over the U.S. during the 36-weekend racing season each year.

Read the rest here.....

http://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/brad-keselowski

20160621tg00606-5.jpg

You can put lipstick on a pig etc. :D

No pilot license for Brad because he will not spend the time.

Carl Flys his Lear, and the kid in the 24 flys his twin engine to the races.

I'm sorry but the guy needs to hire a fashion consultant. I'm not big on fashion and I'm still a fan of BK, but that coat is like 3 sizes too big on him. Get something that fits and stop looking like a 70 year old man that owns a race team.

You are into the skinny look?

I am surprised although I shouldn't be, that so many people like to put down a person who has made something of them selves. I suppose people that aren't willing to go the extra mile to better their position in life make themselves feel better by finding fault or ridiculing someone who has.
Referring to the shape of someones head or face in order to accomplish this only makes that persons ignorance come to the front. sad

You should go back and read the article. Not being his own pilot does not make him inferior. Being a pilot also doesn't indicate your a better person. Carl drives for money and has lots of time to do what he wants. The kid in the 24 car was raced as a privileged kid in a well to do household.
He could afford to learn on his fathers dime.

Brad comes from a poor racing family and used his his early earnings to bail his parents out of bankruptcy. He is also using his money to give others a chance in life by running a truck team.
I like Brad better, and I don't care what he wears or the shape of his face or teeth.

He's come a long way.

Earlier in the week he was traveling in horse drawn coaches.

And look!! He's even wearing shoes!! Just think, not too long ago he was walking barefoot, six miles each way to school, uphill both ways and carrying water on the way back. Then he learned how to drive a motorize vehicle, got rid of the horse and carriage and look at him now!!

I am surprised although I shouldn't be, that so many people like to put down a person who has made something of them selves. I suppose people that aren't willing to go the extra mile to better their position in life make themselves feel better by finding fault or ridiculing someone who has.
Referring to the shape of someones head or face in order to accomplish this only makes that persons ignorance come to the front. sad

No not into the skinny look, but I guess i'm not into the loose fitting clothing look either.

He and I probably have the same problem with clothing. We are both tall and thin, so you can either get clothing that fits your torso well but has short sleeves, or you can get clothing with sleeves that are long enough but are baggy around your torso. It's a lose-lose situation. haha

But I'm a fan of BK. I think the guy is a very talented driver and I think he is a good business person too. He is just starting out but he is trying to learn as much as he can from Penske on the business side because he knows that his racing days will come to an end eventually. BK is going to be a team owner at some point down the road and I could even see him being part of the NASCAR office for a little while.

Agreed. He's better looking flying around in his own jet than any of us are hoofing it or driving a day to get to our destination.

Like someone else said, not just ignorance, jealousy and pettiness. It's not like he is a bully wannabe ass.

The kid has his own jet, he could fly around naked if he wants to. I can tell you from past experience that's not a bad way to fly...I don't mean naked...but on a private jet.:)

The kid has his own jet, he could fly around naked if he wants to. I can tell you from past experience that's not a bad way to fly...I don't mean naked...but on a private jet.:)
I couldn't afford enough fuel to get it to taxi to the runway.

I believe Brad is the perfect example of a poser.

Maybe he meant Brad is poised. You know like when JJ and JG leave an opening Brad was poised to jump into the spot. :D

Those planes are plentiful and aren't that expensive used.

And yes, I would say Brad is posing.

Dale Jr didn't fly either of his two jets
Tony doesn't fly his jet
Jimmie doesn't fly his plane.

So I fail to see where you're going with this?

There are a few drivers and team owners that fly their own jets on the Nhra tour, and they love it. If you can afford it then why not.

I'm comfortable riding in a jet...but I'm not getting in a small prop plane.:)
LOL........ My first experience flying was in a small prop plane.. (I get a nose bleed on the third step of a ladder and hated carnival rides).... after getting on the ground I found out that he was just trying to get his solo license.........

Up in this country that is all you can fly unless you want to go from city to city.

Back
Top Bottom