Bread & Milk!!!!!

Bobw

Team Owner
The run on bread & milk is on! My son's firm has already called no work for tomorrow. About 75% of the schools have cancelled classes. Hmm, might be serious. 8-14 inches of snow. Wind gusts to 70 mph

The run on bread & milk is on! My son's firm has already called no work for tomorrow. About 75% of the schools have cancelled classes. Hmm, might be serious. 8-14 inches of snow. Wind gusts to 70 mph
Where?

Southern New England, Mass and RI mostly.

Expecting anywhere from 3-6 inches, possibly more, here in Eastern North Carolina.

The Weather Channel's coverage, as expected, has been centered almost exclusively on Boston (where it snows all the time). :rolleyes:

Expecting anywhere from 3-6 inches, possibly more, here in Eastern North Carolina.

The Weather Channel's coverage, as expected, has been centered almost exclusively on Boston (where it snows all the time). :rolleyes:

Bigger population size will typically get more coverage. As you said...it's to be expected.

Boston bias.

Raleigh and Hampton Roads aren't exactly the middle of nowhere.
3-6 is a dusting, we are supposed to get at least 10 inches more if the storm tracks just 25 miles further west. Possible 90mph winds, with 40 foot surf, not fun stuff if you live along the coast of New England.

3-6 is a dusting, we are supposed to get at least 10 inches more if the storm tracks just 25 miles further west. Possible 90mph winds, with 40 foot surf, not fun stuff if you live along the coast of New England.

Lol. You've never been here before you?

We don't get snow. We get snice.

Sounds like NC and SE Virginia are going to have step up their snowfall #'s if they want to get national coverage. Maybe if they up their game to Erie, PA like Lake Effect 5 foot snowfalls over 48 hours, they'll finally get the recognition they deserve?

#snowfallcoverageenvy

Feel bad for those people in Erie, how can any city cope with 5 feet of snow in just a couple of days?
I live nearby the coast, 40 foot surf? News to us. But it isn't bad a bad deal to own ocean front property.

DSsj1ovX0AAbkWR.jpg:large

We dodge a fatal bullet here in RI and just sustained a flesh wound. Officially just a tad over 14 inches of snow, some areas in RI got more, some less. Winds never achieved the 50-60 mph forecast, highest wind gust was officially measured at 46. Winds for the most part were in the 30-35 mph range.
The massive power outages they hyped didn't occur, in fact fewer than 1500 lost power last I heard and only briefly. Snow here was light and fluffy. SE Mass was a different story. The snow that fell there was when the temp was hovering right at freezing so the snow was heavy wet snow aka heart attack snow,
We have achieved our high temp of the day, 14° at 5 am and the temp is currently 11° and heading down. Tonight's forecast is 1° with a WC of I'm freezing my ballz off -20-25°
Weekend is going to be brutally cold.

Back
Top Bottom