Brickyard Bonehead Thread

Bonehead of the week: Goodyear Tire Blowout 400 at the Brickyard

• Total voters
D

Digger

Candidates?

I nominate ESPN for no postrace coverage and whoever is responsible for this pathetic tire situation.

Number 1?, Goodyear for bringing inner tubes instead of tires.
Number 2? NASCAR for failing to do any research.
Number 3? Indianapolis Motor Speedway for having their head up their butt and producing a cheese grater racing surface.
Number 4? All of the above for raping the race fans by feeling o.k. taking thier money and putting on the worst race in recent history.

Number 3? Indianapolis Motor Speedway for having their head up their butt and producing a cheese grater racing surface.
Number 4? All of the above for raping the race fans by feeling o.k. taking thier money and putting on the worst race in recent history.

i think those 4 are great nomintations. and in order too :D

I vote those 4 in order, plus the fans that didn't go home after halfway and demand their money back

This week's poll will be multiple choice. :cool:

WTH?

Did Pemberton say they KNEW of these issues but didn't think (key words there:D) they'd have time to reproduce the tires?????:confused:

I can't vote for the surface, since it's been the same surface since 2004. So the cars have run 2005, 2006 and 2007 without being this bad.

For the longest time leading up to the inaugural Brickyard 400, Indycar fans were against bringing these 3500 pound stock cars to the track. A slap in the face of tradition, they said back then, and even some of them claimed the track wasn't meant for cars that heavy. Looking at todays race, I'd say they were right.

I don't care if Indy loses a date. Take their date and go to a real racetrack. Tradition or not, that was awful.

Bonehead of the week: Indy

I didn't see the CTS or NNS races, so I'll have to stick with Cup. My nominees are:

NASCAR - For another crappy race with the COT

Goodyear - For another crappy tire in the series' second biggest race of the season

Jack Roush - For whining about how his team didn't get to participate in the tire test at Indy a couple of months ago. Hey Jack, no Toyota team was invited to tire test at Darlington after the new pavement was put down. They didn't whine and they won the race.

Greg Zippadelli - Stewart was in the position for a top 10 finish and move into 8th in points. When everyone knew all teams would only take 2 tires on the last stop, GZ opts for 4 tires which puts Stewart 25th and leads to a 23rd place finish to remain 10th in points.

True, but not with this car. That's the fly in the ointment.

So why is it the fault of IMS and why should it even be a choice on this poll?

The car changed and the track didn't.

Seems like it is more the problem of the sanctioning body and the tire company more than anything.

The Brickyard has been all hype since the first race. Never did see a NASCAR race there that I found exciting. But I don't see that track ever going off the schedule either.

This tire issue is just another one of those many things that is causing NASCAR to lose even more fans. But the high and mighty in Daytona will continue to tout their organization to be the best in racing and cruise on full speed ahead while the ship continues to take on water.

In my opinion, nobody but Goodyear and nascar are to blame for such a crappy race. IMS did not create a junky tire so they are not to blame for anything. Goodyear has the technology to produce a tire that would work on the new, grated surface; they just chose to be lazy, cheap or stupid about it.

Did Pemberton say they KNEW of these issues but didn't think (key words there) they'd have time to reproduce the tires?????

Yes he did Andy. That is something everyone should consider before they blast anyone other than Badyear and nascar. The question is whether Badyear did not have the time or did not want to spend that much money? That’s a bunch of tires they would have had to scrap and replace. Personally I think they took a gamble on how the tire would work on "race day".

Problem is, just one tire to pick from. Id say if you had a choise between Goodyear and Hooiser, or Firestone, Kumo, Toyo, ect. the tires would be better,

Back
Top Bottom